Passed 70-238. MCITP!

Took it this morning. Passed with an 869!

Used the Sybex 70-237/238 book and Transcenders. While I had a relatively easy time with it, I don't think the Transcenders for this exam do a particularly good job for it.

Personally, I thought 70-236 was by far the hardest of the three exams, but this one is definitely more difficult than 70-237.

Things you need to know (not gonna get specific because I don't believe in ****):

How to route messages between different mail systems in every conceivable manner
Specifically how to design a backup/restore strategy that meets practical needs for SLA's
How to meet high availability needs using various technologies (not just stuff within Exchange!)
Implementing transport and journal rules
Various Microsoft utilities and programs that could be used with Exchange for various purposes for security, monitoring, etc.

MCITP, BABY!!!

Next up: vacation... then... I dunno. I'm considering knocking out the W2K8 MCITP, but I know I need to go for something major non-Microsoft, like storage certs possibly. I think I'm certified enough in Microsoft stuff at this point, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator I'm not sure will do me nearly as much good as something else, but it would be relatively easy for me to get - three exams, and apparently 70-620 is ridiculously easy. I'm tempted to just do that real fast so I can be done with Microsoft certs for a long time.

Regardless, time to celebrate, and I leave for Florida next week for a little R & R.
Good luck to all!

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Nice work!

Vacation, what's that again?
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! Have fun in Florida, don't get blown off any beaches or eaten!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    AWESOME JOB, CONGRATULATIONS !
    Enjoy the vacation, and try to avoid thinking too much anout IT.
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    let the vacation begin!

congrats and enjoy
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
    Hey hey! Congrats dude! Hopefully I will be right behind you in the next month or so! Some storage certs are always good but I have come to the conclusion that the most in demand are the VMware and everything Cisco Voice.. Enjoy the vacation :)

edit: noticed you got your vcp.. youre a jerk. ;)
    MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    :P Don't hate me because I'm certified!
    Good luck to all!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Gratz Hero! :D
    All things are possible, only believe.