Measure Up Practice Papers

SamHawkinsSamHawkins Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi I am currently studying for the 290 exam. from all my previous use of measureup practice papers online they seem harder than the real tests and the % that you recieve from these is not a good representation for the final exam. What are other people's thoughts on these practice papers and what sort of percentage would be equivalent to a pass on the 290 exam?

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    I found these tests to be easier but then people are different, I would suggest getting atleast 80% on any test before taking the exam but beware of memorising the answers and achieving a score based on remembering the right answer rather than why its right.

If you can explain why the answers right and why the other answers are wrong then your ready.

Good Luck!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • SamHawkinsSamHawkins Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your opinions and the link i can see from their that people recommend transcender practice exams are there any other companies practice papers that people can recommend?

Thanks again

Sam
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Everyone seems to like testout as well. I don't have any experience with any of the practice products so I'm not a great judge.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • pcpro215pcpro215 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took, and failed my 290. Scored a 458. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
    I was POUNDING measure ups for quite a while before hand. I found them to be waaayyy easier than the actual exam. In fact, before I left for my exam, I took, and passed a 20 question measure up, with an 85%. I am now concentrating on the student cd tests, as these seem to be closer to the actual exam.
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    pcpro215 wrote:
    I was POUNDING measure ups for quite a while before hand.quote]

Sorry to hear you failed however you need to avoid just learning the questions rather than the subject, im not saying you did this but be aware of taking the tests too much as people tend to memorise the answers and it gives a false view on things.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • pcpro215pcpro215 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sie wrote:
    Sorry to hear you failed however you need to avoid just learning the questions rather than the subject, im not saying you did this but be aware of taking the tests too much as people tend to memorise the answers and it gives a false view on things.

You are indeed correct. I guess what I meant was that I took roughly 15-20 of them, and read, read, and read some more out of the 290 book. The area I didn't practice on was the hands-on stuff. Which is entirely my fault.
    I still say that measureups are easier than the actual exam.