Router gone bokners

hoanglonghoanglong Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
When i try to do a hyperterminal to the router all i can get is this:

http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1jq9.png

anyone know what's going on? icon_cry.gif

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not sure of this... have you tried just connecting via your MAC's terminal?

Are you using a USB-serial cable? If so, then you had to load the pl2303 universal driver for your MAC to use it!

$ screen /dev/tty.PL2303* 9600 <cr>

That should connect you... I've aliased that to my profile as a command called "routerconnect". Hopefully this helps.

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Hi, Thanks for your suggestion, i have the drivers installed, i can terminal to my other routers and they work fine except this one.

I checked whether the flash/ios was corrupted so i moved the flash stick to another router to check, and they worked fine on the other router, I did the same thing with ram.
    I even tried to replace both memory and flash and the problem is still there all i can see is just a bunch of CCCCC on the terminal. I dont know what's going on pls help icon_sad.gif

btw forgot to add this is a 2610
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you tried the CTRL+Break or CTRL+Shift+6? I know on your MAC you don't have the CTRL+Break option... try some of these Ctrl+Break Sequences? I personally hadn't tried to perform a password recovery from my MAC. I suppose I can give that a shot! Hopefully this helps.

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    I tried ctrl+break sequence and it didnt help

I moved the router to my windows desktop machine and try to do a terminal session there, this time there's nothing at all no CCCC, just blank terminal session, i thought i must have configured something wrong but i plug on my other router and all the info shows up. So the CCCC stuff only comes up because im prob using a mac and a usb to serial adapter. Though the router is still not working, all the lights are on ethernet etc.

edit: is it possible if the bootstrap is corrupted/missing?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Is this a used router you bought and never used before?

Is this a used router you've used before and just started going bonkers?

Have you tried setting different terminal speeds, in case someone messed with the config register -- 115k is popular for practicing xmodem ios image uploads. And for some reason, 36.4k is popular, probably because of modems, though I'm not sure why someone would put one on the console port when the aux port is right there. And try all the other random speeds until you run out of options or find a speed that works.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    Is this a used router you bought and never used before?

Is this a used router you've used before and just started going bonkers?

Have you tried setting different terminal speeds, in case someone messed with the config register -- 115k is popular for practicing xmodem ios image uploads. And for some reason, 36.4k is popular, probably because of modems, though I'm not sure why someone would put one on the console port when the aux port is right there. And try all the other random speeds until you run out of options or find a speed that works.

oh thank you! that did it! bowing.gif baud rate at 1200 icon_rolleyes.gif, that's what i get for sharing my lab with room mates. was just gone for 2 days! Anyway thanks for all the help! I really appriciate it, busted my brain out the whole day to fix the problem
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sounds like you've got the issue solved. And here I was thinking that you were just mistakenly trying to HyperTerminal into a computer that was running Dwarf Fortress, instead of the router.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.