What test formats are on the CCDA exam

michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
I tried to search for it on the Cisco website but they gave me the below Generic test answer. I thought that CCDA didn't have simlets and simulations

Cisco Career Certification exams include the following test formats:

Multiple-choice single answer
Multiple-choice multiple answer
Drag-and-drop
Fill-in-the-blank
Testlet
Simlet
Simulations

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well.... I don't see any of the "action words" like configure, implement, verify, troubleshoot, etc in the exam blueprint that would hint at SIMs.

But when I saw those Design tasks, I felt a cold chill -- and I may have Testlet nightmares tonight icon_eek.gif But it could be nothing -- I did take the old DESGN exam icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would say you're prob only really going to get multi choice, pick x out of the following y answers and drag and drop questions.

I've got the 863 transcender practice exams and the practice exams that come with the bruno/jordan book and there have been no sim practice questions in either.

other resources I've been using are the diane teare book and reference sheets.
  • michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    Well I hope not, I'm only on chap 2 of the Exam certification guide and it's already kicking my butt but I learned the secret to Acing Cisco Exams (I hope) Take your time and don't rush through the study material. My job offers some online training which I signed up for last night so I'll utilize that as well.
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I hope not, I'm only on chap 2 of the Exam certification guide and it's already kicking my butt but I learned the secret to Acing Cisco Exams (I hope) Take your time and don't rush through the study material. My job offers some online training which I signed up for last night so I'll utilize that as well.

the key is definitely to tae your time and work at your own pace to make sure you are taking in what you're reading.

if you try to rush something like the CCDA or CCNA yeah you may pass the exam but you probably wouldn't have learned all of the objectives.

I've been studying the 863 on off for about 8 months now but really buckled down the last month or so.

got the exam booked and sitting very soon! good luck with yours!