Prince2 certification

Paule123Paule123 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Long time no post!

Just wondering if anyone has any words of advice on the Prince2 courses / exams?

Have booked myslef on the Prince2 course in July and hear from other people the course and exam are tough???

Cheers

Paul

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The only words of advice that I have is that you should be in the UK to take these exams!

I investigated the process of taking PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner in the US, and after dealing with pointless beauracracy for a few days, was finally given the answer that their normal test proctor outside of the UK did not offer service in the US...

For me PRINCE2 is in the "nice to have" category, but is not a necessity. I hear it is somewhat popular in Europe, is this true?

MS
  • Paule123Paule123 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi eMeS,

It seems to be extremely popular certainly within the organisation i work in. The more i'm getting involved within project work the more i don't understand at meeting when people switch into "Prince2 mode".

Hoping the qualification might give me a few options (if i pass), i have a strong technical background MS and Cisco so fingers crossed!

Suprised it isn't as popular in the US?!?!?

After Prince2 i need to update my ITIL qualification icon_cry.gif
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i havent done it personally but ive found the prince certs are very popular in the UK especially with the public sector
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Paule123 wrote:
    Hi eMeS,

It seems to be extremely popular certainly within the organisation i work in. The more i'm getting involved within project work the more i don't understand at meeting when people switch into "Prince2 mode".

Hoping the qualification might give me a few options (if i pass), i have a strong technical background MS and Cisco so fingers crossed!

Suprised it isn't as popular in the US?!?!?

After Prince2 i need to update my ITIL qualification icon_cry.gif

PMP is the project management cert that is most sought after in the US. In fact, I would wager that very few people in the US (and then only in certain circles) are aware of PRINCE2.

Regarding the PRINCE2 lingo...if you don't already have the following it might be of use to you: http://www.best-management-practice.com/gempdf/BMP-glossary-PRINCE2.pdf

Best of luck on ITIL. If I can assist seek me out on this board.

MS
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    eMeS wrote:
    PMP is the project management cert that is most sought after in the US. In fact, I would wager that very few people in the US (and then only in certain circles) are aware of PRINCE2.

I can attest to not hearing of this exam prior to this post! icon_lol.gif But, I am aware of the PMP!!

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    PRINCE2 is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects.