Options

Studying like crazy!!

Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
Well, my test is coming in like 2 weeks for my Net+ I hope I pass... then I can go onto either my MCP or Security+... still debating on Linux+ good news is I have all books/materials!!

I'm still deciding if I need to take the MCSE course...
*Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
*Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I'm still deciding if I need to take the MCSE course...

Why take a 'course' if you work with this material? The exams are geared toward individuals working with this vendor, even if you need some books and training materials to brush up...surely the Desktop and Server basic exams you can handle with some review??

If you need to have someone to bounce ideas off of, perhaps you can find a local mentor or simply use the forum when you are preparing for a new area such as Exhchange, SQL etc...

Your choice to take a course, but most seem to be fairly expensive compared to the number of books and even CBTNuggets one could acquire to help in preparing. TrainSignal offers some great material to learn the Server areas.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Good luck with the Network+ exam, I'm sure you'll pass it. I've got two pieces of advice. The first is, definitely do Linux+ before jumping into Microsoft-land. The MCSA/MCSE path is a long one, as is MCITP, so getting the Linux+ done beforehand may serve you better. And, if you do decide to do an MCP exam, steer clear of the XP exam and do the Vista exam instead. While 70-270 counts as a desktop OS exam for MCSA and MCSE, the 70-620 exam counts for both of those certs as well as MCITP: Enterprise Administrator. No sense in taking two desktop OS exams, when one counts towards three different certs, in addition to a stand-alone MCTS certification.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.