which test should be first?

yattamoyattamo Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have net+, inet, ccna and hopefully server+ I'm preparing for in the next few months.
Does anyone know the best route to take?
You become the best by thinking that you can be the best

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    The route that is best for you. Cisco is for Cisco hardware and WAN standards, alot more difficult than any comptia exam.
  • yattamoyattamo Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cisco is my major this is my fourth semester. The others are just ones I'm picking up along the way.
    I am going the MCSE/Cisco route. I'm doing my CCNA and in the mean time picking up MCPs...Comptia I feel are elementary exams Security+ however is a good one.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    There isn't a single best route, but it would be logical to take Network+ before CCNA and before i-Net+.
    Yeah I just finished ccna and now I'm on security+.
    Well I guess ccna would be best because if I pass that then net+, Inet and the others should be easier.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    yattamo wrote:
    Well I guess ccna would be best because if I pass that then net+, Inet and the others should be easier.
    That's another way of looking at it. But usually you learn to walk before you learn to talk ;)
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    So you're studying for CCNA, Net+, iNet+ and Sec+ at the same time?.... boy, you must be having a nightmare.

I think it'll be easier for you if you study for one exam and then take it. Then study for another one and take it. But if you study the whole lot at once, you're bound to leak your thinktank.

Just an idea
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
    Naw I'm not studying for all at once.

Here's my story I finished Net+ classes, ccna1&2, Server. Now classes start for Security and something else (forgot what it was). but I don't want to wait too long and I want to take all of them in an order that's to my advantage.

That's all
    You can always go the path most traveled.......A+ - Net+- MCSA/MCSE - CCNA - CCNP- .....................
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    I agree with webmaster. Network+ makes it easier to understand some of the basics in CCNA. Apart from that CCNA is as different from Network+ as night is from day. No matter how much you learn its never enuff. I guess thats why its renewed after every 3 years & widely accredited. I finnished online curriculum but i still want some more before i make an attempt at 807. Studying for other certs as well and sure enuff brain is leaking. icon_redface.gif

A hungry mind is an angry mind icon_wink.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.