Options

MCSA/MCSA Path Min/Maxing

srcurriesrcurrie Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I have carefully planned my path to MCSE to get me the maximum letters the soonest.
Here is what I am doing:
70-270 Passed
70-431 (SQL Server 2005) VERY HARD Passed
70-290 Passed
70-291 in Progress
70-293 in Progress
70-294 in Progress
70-297 in Progress

The above gave me MCP, MCTS and will give me MCSA, and MCSE. 70-431 was HARD and I unintentionally ended up spending an extra YEAR on it so I would get it down. I actually got a 940 on it.

It actually has been fun for me. I have been a NetAdmin for 10 years now. I should have been an MCSE back in NT4 days but did Netware which had a higher prestige anyway (I am a CNA).

Anyone else doing the same path?

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Pretty much. I'm 1 test away from my MCSA....then I'm going for my MCSE. After that I'd like to do some SQL stuff, but up to this point I know squat about SQL. My company has a SQL server that a fellow programmer maintains, so eventually I'd like to know *something* about SQL. I probably won't start studying SQL for another 6 months or so...
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    srcurriesrcurrie Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SQL itself is pretty easy. What is hard about 70-431 is the large feature set that Microsoft has in SQL Server 2005. You can do many things with it and set it up with several different options all to deal with certain situations.
    A lot of SQL stuff is crossover with other SQLs too like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc. It is worth learning. Someday you will sit there and realize what you can do with it to help you with xyx problem on your network and you will be happy.