What is a LogBook

ratmanratman Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can someone tell me what a logbook is and what u have to include

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From my time at uni, a logbook is something you record exercises in etc and make notes of anthing you come across and what steps you have taken. BUt it depends what your using the logbook for.

What are you tring to do?

If its connected to a course at school/col/uni then ask your lecturer!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It really depends on how it was used and by whom... an instructor may consider a log book something that you write notes in, while an employer may consider a logbook binding evidence to some type of work action.

A logbook is a generic term. From my experience, a logbook has been anything that has kept a detailed (sometimes undetailed) account of what has happened and to what it has happened to. I work as a DoD Contractor, so redundancy is a must. Although we have electronic logs, we must also keep paper logs for those... "just in case" moments. Logs that I've seen before have been actions such as when a server was rebooted, a router added to the network, a shift turnover, someone visiting our workcenter, etc... a logbook is really dependent upon your environment and the way in which it was presented to you!

Hope this helps...

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • ratmanratman Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sure someone here has sat the CCNA skills exam. What did you include in your log book
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ratman wrote:
    Sure someone here has sat the CCNA skills exam. What did you include in your log book
    I've never been asked for a log book when taking any Cisco Certification Exam or Cisco CCNA Network Academy Exam, so it sounds like something your instructor came up with -- so I agree with nel -- ask your instructor what they want.
    nel wrote:
    If its connected to a course at school/col/uni then ask your lecturer!

And as others have said -- it can be anything you deem important. IT can be a quick one line entry for each day or task -- or you can write a book if you have that much spare time in your job to fill.

What did you do? Why? What steps did you follow? What did you learn? What problems did you find? What went wrong? What went right? Who was there? Who helped? Who observed? What equipment or tools did you use?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!