Passed CCENT Today!!

dpsdps Member Posts: 116
So I took my first Cisco exam this morning and passed it! This is my first certification ever and I'm glad i got it.

I used the CBT Nuggets, CCNA by Lammle, CCNA Intro by Odom, and the TestOut Navigator. Did a lot of subnetting practices and used the Cisco Exam Prep Center.

I was scheduled at 10:30AM and I got to the testing area around 10:15. There were a lot of buildings there so I kinda got lost in the area. Good thing I saved their number and called them up for directions. Started on time and ended 19 minutes earlier. I thought I'll run out of time because of some SIMs. Time management is the key.

Anyway, it's a good start for the long weekend and I'll prolly hit the books for ICND2 next week.

Thanks for the help. This site really helped me a lot.
Focused and Steady.

Comments

• sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    Excellent news. Congratulations
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with ICND2 icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    congrats!
    Dustin Leefers
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • CERTS4LADYCERTS4LADY Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Happy for your pass!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • flurrballflurrball Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass! How soon will you look to tackle the 816?

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • fommyfommy Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well done mate. i will be doing this exam in 1 month. errr
    MCITP Enterprise Admin then CCNA - as I failed CCNA twice now. boohoo
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • dpsdps Member Posts: 116
    Thanks for the all the replies!
    CONGRATS on your pass! How soon will you look to tackle the 816?

~Peanut Head

It really depends on my work schedule. But I plan to take this about after a month. Hitting the books and the CBT Nuggets next week.

It should be fun. :D
    Focused and Steady.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man.

How long did you study for the exam?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    nel wrote:
    Congrats man.

How long did you study for the exam?

Thanks.

Oh man. I've been studying on and off for months because I was busy with work and family life. I finally drilled down and studied for about a month. I went online and scheduled the exam and really focused on it. I recommend scheduling the exam so you have a deadline to beat and not putting it off.

I'm excited for the ICND2. I want to get my CCNA before the Cisco 2nd shot offer expires.
    Focused and Steady.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dps wrote:
    So I took my first Cisco exam this morning and passed it! This is my first certification ever and I'm glad i got it.

I used the CBT Nuggets, CCNA by Lammle, CCNA Intro by Odom, and the TestOut Navigator. Did a lot of subnetting practices and used the Cisco Exam Prep Center.

I was scheduled at 10:30AM and I got to the testing area around 10:15. There were a lot of buildings there so I kinda got lost in the area. Good thing I saved their number and called them up for directions. Started on time and ended 19 minutes earlier. I thought I'll run out of time because of some SIMs. Time management is the key.

Anyway, it's a good start for the long weekend and I'll prolly hit the books for ICND2 next week.

cool good to see fellow flip pass this!

Congrats!!!
    jbaello wrote:
    dps wrote:

I used the <a href=http://www.cbtnuggets.com/techexams target=”_blank”>CBT Nuggets</a>, CCNA by Lammle, CCNA Intro by Odom, and the TestOut Navigator. Did a lot of subnetting practices and used the Cisco Exam Prep Center.

Congrats!!!

Thanks, jbaello.
    Represent!! :D
    Focused and Steady.
  • aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    jbaello wrote:
    dps wrote:

I used the <a href=http://www.cbtnuggets.com/techexams target=”_blank”>CBT Nuggets</a>, CCNA by Lammle, CCNA Intro by Odom, and the TestOut Navigator. Did a lot of subnetting practices and used the Cisco Exam Prep Center.

Congrats!!!
    Haha.. haven't heard that term used in a while... not since I lived in LA icon_lol.gif . Anyway congrats dps!

Where did you take the exam? I took mine at Irvine Valley College because they are the only one in the OC that I know of that schedules weekend exams.
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
    Haha.. haven't heard that term used in a while... not since I lived in LA icon_lol.gif . Anyway congrats dps!

Where did you take the exam? I took mine at Irvine Valley College because they are the only one in the OC that I know of that schedules weekend exams.

Yup, took mine there and on a weekend too.
    They have good PC's with flat-screen monitors which is good. I've heard some stories about testing centers that have computers and monitors that you have to "fight" along with the exam. :D
    Focused and Steady.
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Congratulations!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops