Audio Training

grocketgrocket Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I spend 2 hrs. a day on the freeway to commute to work. I am thinking of purchasing some audio training for 70-292 to take advantage of the free time and to supplement my other methods of training.

Anybody have experience with audio training?

Comments

• silentc1015silentc1015 Member Posts: 128
    grocket wrote:
    I spend 2 hrs. a day on the freeway to commute to work. I am thinking of purchasing some audio training for 70-292 to take advantage of the free time and to supplement my other methods of training.

Anybody have experience with audio training?

I haven't been able to find any IT audio material. I've often wanted to. Have you been able to find any, and if so, where?

I typically listen to non-fiction audio books and lectures on my commute, and I love it. I wish I could get my hands on some IT material to geek out on.
  • win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    Why not find some podcasts that are out there and burn them onto a c.d?

win2k4
  • BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    i think preplogic has some audio training, i'm not really sure how good it is though as I haven't ever used it.
  • BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    hypothetically, you could buy CBT nuggets/train signal/etc. and then use a audio ripping program and convert the videos to audio files and then burn those to CDs too.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Preplogic has audio training but the samples nearly put me to sleep.

http://preplogic.com/products/audio/view-audio-training.aspx

Microsoft also has a Technet podcast, but I haven't listened to these, so I can't comment on the quality. You might want to check that out though.
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    I've used the preplogic audio Quiz Me series or whatever it is called, it's just review questions.

I know they also have a lecture series and I have not used those though. The review questions are pretty helpful. I used them for 270 and 290, I also have them for 291 but haven't listened to them much yet.
    Dustin Leefers
  • grocketgrocket Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback.

I just purchased the Preplogic Lecture & Quiz Me Series and should get them next week.

I'll let you know how I like them.
  • cjsierracjsierra Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I am also considering buying the preplogic video training materials. I was going thru the forum looking for feedback on preplogic training programs and I was wondering if you could let me know how the preplogic audio program turned out for u.

thanks.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I bought some preplogic CCNA audio training material a while back, very top notch stuff. Just wish they had some Juniper audio training material, I'd be all over that.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I'm all for PrepLogic as they have not failed me yet. IMHO they are very good. They were my only source for my Network+, security+ and A+. With my Microsoft certs, I have been studying from multiple sources now but still including preplogic audio CD's. Although preplogic isn't cheap, it can be very reasonable depending on what kind of 'sale' they have going on at the time. They are always running some kind of 'sale'.

I too have a long drive to and from work and audio CD's are such a great way to help study during the long boring drive home.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)