Options

CCNA - Passing requirements

mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
Hi guys,

I've been looking over the passing grades for the CCNA 640-802 exam. I see the passing grade is 849/1000. However, it's done on a scale of 300-1000 correct? What exactly do you need to pass this exam via percentage?

Comments

• Options
    lnsomnialnsomnia Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Actually the 640-802 passing score is 825 unless they've changed it since I passed it in February. And they don't do it by percentage of how many you missed or got correct. It depends on the difficulty of the question. I know for a fact that if you ace all the multiple choice questions and do crappy on all the labs in the test you will fail. The sims they have you do account for a large portion of your test.
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    niter3,
    niter3 wrote:
    Hi guys,

I've been looking over the passing grades for the CCNA 640-802 exam. I see the passing grade is 849/1000. However, it's done on a scale of 300-1000 correct?

Where did you get those numbers for the scale?
    niter3 wrote:
    What exactly do you need to pass this exam via percentage?

You need to earn exactly at least 100% of the required number of points equal to the passing score set by Cisco Systems.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You need to earn exactly at least 100% of the required number of points equal to the passing score set by Cisco Systems.

LOL icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
    I got those from a website. Don't have the URL for it though.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    niter3 wrote:
    I got those from a website. Don't have the URL for it though.
    We can rule out www.cisco.com as the website.

From Cisco Online Certification Support
    As a matter of policy Cisco Systems, Inc. does not disclose the content of our certification exams. This includes exam pass marks, the exact number of questions on each exam, as well as the number of each type of question a candidate will see during their exam.

I guess if you know how many hours of study it takes to earn 1 point on the exam, then if you know the passing score you can calculate the minimum hours of study required to pass the exam icon_confused.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    exactly at least
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    exactly at least

exactly/at least