Booking the 312 Exam

darkvoid112darkvoid112 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

this is my First Post
i went to New Horizons Learning Center in order to do this course as i didn't have the relevant security work experience to obtain the certification
I was given a Prometric voucher to take the 312 exam in my EC-Council Study Pack.

I'm certain i need to book this at the training center as that is what it states on the voucher, yet i called New Horizons and they tell me i need to book with Prometric.

Unfortunately after calling Prometric, i was told that Prometric don't do the 312 prefix exam and they only do the 350 prefix exam. I then called New Horizons again and talked to the EC-Council instructor and was told that i can't do the exam at their "Accredited" training centre or Prometric, apparantly all the 312 exams are done at a Pearson VUE vendor now.They said they would look into this for me and call me back immediately (No such luck, still waiting on a phone call after 48 hours).
The voucher won't work on the Pearson view website when booking the exam.

All i want to do is book the exam with the voucher can anyone please clarify this for me and who's responsibility this resides with (New Horizons or EC-Council). Rest assured i won't be going back there to do any more IT training, as i was quite unhappy with the course delivery method and my instructor had no clue about the material half the time

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you tried using the voucher at Prometric?

It looks like EC0-350 is just their code for the 312-50 exam.

If the voucher doesn't work, whoever you obtained the voucher from is responsible for providing you with one that works.
  • darkvoid112darkvoid112 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your advice i am going in to discuss with New Horizons Tommorow.

Also just wondering what certs did people pursue after their CEH i have had a good look at the CHFI certification and the ISC2 ones as well. From looking at the jobs on the internet it appears that the ISC2 certifications pull a lot more weight.

I'm new to the security field and would like to eventually get into pen testing, i'm glad i did this cert as it provided me with an overview of a lot of the basics.
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck with booking your exam...its one of my future "cert to obtain as well"....let us know how it goes. About ISC exmas, they do hold good weight but it has to be followed by years of experience....CISSP requires around 5 years of experience...you can go for SSCP, but that requires a year's worth of experience as well....good one is a security+ for newbies.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck to you!!
  • rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    Good luck! The exam is long but not too hard if you pay attention!
    Thanks Guys

i'm looking forward to taking it i'll let you know how i go with it
    Guys after patiently waiting i managed to finally get the exam booked and passed it
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Congrats and great job!!! :D
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Way to go! Congratulations icon_cool.gif
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Thanks Guys

Sorry haven't been on these forums for a while
    only problem now is trying to find work in this area
  • rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
  • nangananga Member Posts: 201
    congratulations.

Can u suggest study material used and ur experience with the exam
    yeh sure both kevin mitnick books the art of intrusion and deception, the pen testers open source handbook volume 2 was exceptional, remote exploit 101 video tutorials (great practical demonstrations) and hacking the art of exploitation (great for learning reverse engineering) as well as the de-ice pen testing disks freely available on de-ice.net