Need Juniper simulator for passing JNCIA exam

p0i50np0i50n Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi dear people .
I need a router simulator Juniper routers for passing JNCIA exam .
I've downloaded a simulator from http://www.certexams.com/ but it is not complete! because it need a serial and I can't find anything for provide as a serial .
can anyone give me a link for a good juniper simulator with it's crack and serial ? (full stuff)
beforehand appreciate .

- p0i50n

Comments

• AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    p0i50n wrote:
    Hi dear people .
    I need a router simulator Juniper routers for passing JNCIA exam .
    I've downloaded a simulator from http://www.certexams.com/ but it is not complete! because it need a serial and I can't find anything for provide as a serial .
    can anyone give me a link for a good juniper simulator with it's crack and serial ? (full stuff)
    beforehand appreciate .

- p0i50n

That simulator really really blows, and plus, i don't remember but I think that you can by pass the registration code and it lets you try it for a little bit. Honestly the best thing would be to build an olive, I have 19 :D You have the real thing which adds hardware troubleshooting and cabling up the lab. The only downside of having olives, mind you I only run 9 or 10 of them at a time, yes yes I got a little carried away with building olives, is the heat they produce.

The two below links are the best set of instructions for building olives, especially sid smokes

http://juniper.cluepon.net/index.php/Olive

http://www.sidsmokes.com/router.lab.html

granted there is a little money involved in building olives, from the cables, to the computers, to the NIC's, but its only the way to get any real juniper router experience.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
    or you could come work at the JTAC and get some real hands on experience :D I had no real router experience when I came here so if you have basic networking knowledge and have been reading the JNCIA book, they'll take you.

-Bender
  • p0i50np0i50n Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey, thanks alot :)
    shall I download the olive as an independent software or olive is in the FreeBSD image !?
    which hardware need for installing this stuff ?
    I have a NIC but shall I have an specific NIC ?

-p0i50n
    p0i50n wrote:
    hey, thanks alot :)
    shall I download the olive as an independent software or olive is in the FreeBSD image !?
    which hardware need for installing this stuff ?
    I have a NIC but shall I have an specific NIC ?

-p0i50n

Unfortunately, it is a little complicated. There are specific NIC's that will only work with an olive, any old computer should work, but you'll still get the weird compatibility issue where a computer will just not want to turn into an olive, the process of getting an olive up and running includes putting freeBSD on a bootable cd, installing it on the computer and then installing the jinstall file. If the whole process wasn't such a pain in the ass you have to worry about getting the jinstall file, which is proprietary software from Juniper. This means that if you don't currently have access to it, then it is illegal for anybody to give it to you. If I sent it to you I could lose my job icon_sad.gif

The entire step by step process can be found at the sid smokes website

http://www.sidsmokes.com/router.lab.html

With that being said, I was talking to a buddy at work who let me know about a sim that some guy made that was suppose to work pretty well. He hasn't tried it out but when I get back to work on Tuesday I'll find the information and post it here.

-Bender
    looks like the ftp server that had the sim that I was talking about is no longer operational, its to bad to, I really wanted to check it out.

-Bender
  • danilo.dicesaredanilo.dicesare Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi!

i'm Danilo from Italy, nice to meet you all.

i'd like to set uo a Olive install on windows (could be good? :) ) but i cannot find Download modify version of qemu (version with the good Intel driver : i82559er) = JQEMU, can you help me to download it.

thk a lot

Danilo
    DaN
  • thomwill311@gmail.comthomwill311@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how can i work for Jtac
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    how can i work for Jtac

Apply for a job and hope they hire you! You can find career opportunities on the Juniper website.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.