Almost there... so far to go though :(

dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have been beating myself up for the last 2 weeks (because I stopped studying). I diligently studied chapters 1-11 in Odom's ICND1 book and was actually understanding the concepts and commands... Then I reached subnetting and that was 2 weeks ago since I picked that book up. icon_sad.gif
I'm really doubting that I can do this test...

Someone drive to Oregon and slap me across the face!

sorry... just venting. I come here and see all these people posting their passing scores... icon_sad.gif I need Matt Foley: Motivational Speaker to visit me.

Gratz to all who passed this week... I hope to be there one day soon

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Come on man, keep your head up!...Otherwise i will fly over to the US and slap you across the face with a big fish!(for anyone who has seen that monty python sketch!)

What are you struggling on? i find it alot easier doing the decimal way when i am trying to calculate subnetting quickly.

I can remember when i was doing it for a module at uni and i was like icon_eek.gif then i read odoms book and it hit the money for me big time icon_lol.gif i dont know how or why but he explains itvery well indeed!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    ddzierzek wrote:
    I have been beating myself up for the last 2 weeks (because I stopped studying). I diligently studied chapters 1-11 in Odom's ICND1 book and was actually understanding the concepts and commands... Then I reached subnetting and that was 2 weeks ago since I picked that book up. icon_sad.gif
    I'm really doubting that I can do this test...

Someone drive to Oregon and slap me across the face!

sorry... just venting. I come here and see all these people posting their passing scores... icon_sad.gif I need Matt Foley: Motivational Speaker to visit me.

Gratz to all who passed this week... I hope to be there one day soon

Dude, we are totally in the same spot! I was getting bored of the ICND1 so I started reading ICND2 today. Hmm, probably not the most effective study routine. When are you planning on sitting the exam? Give me a date and I'll make it my goal to match you. You're not far off from Northern Cal...so your face slapping request might reach actualization, my friend! hehe
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    subnetting is tough but keep at it and out of nowhere the light will turn on and you'll wonder how you struggled with it before

http://www.subnettingquestions.com is a great place to practice
    WIP: IPS exam
  • dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for the encouragement (again!)... I got all of my stuff, notes, books, flashcards out and set them on my table for tomorrow. I have a gannt chart I made in Feb. which said I should be taking the test the first week of July. I didn't pay for my exam yet but I should; The guy in BT Nugget videos says its a good way to prevent the endless-put-off of the exam.

YEah... I don't even wanna open that ICND2 book yet, I'm a bit baffled enough by ICND1!! What kinda bums me out was during my AAS in network operations, we had to do subnetting on one of our tests and I passed with a good grade. I just forgot how to do it and when I read Odom, it seems like some totally different method, I guess theres more than one way to skin a cat.

Well, I figure since today is a holiday, I can relax and really pick back up tomorrow and start studying like crazy. I still want to shoot for the 1st or 2nd week of July. My B-day is 7/24 and I really was dedicated to having a cert by my birthday as the ultimate b-day present to myself. I'll get back at it tomorrow. Let me know when you take it man... or when you're getting close. Yeah, Im not sure about the switch to ICND2 right away LOL I'll keep ya posted... thanks again!!

Dale
  • dpsdps Member Posts: 116
    ddzierzek wrote:
    Thank you all for the encouragement (again!)... I got all of my stuff, notes, books, flashcards out and set them on my table for tomorrow. I have a gannt chart I made in Feb. which said I should be taking the test the first week of July. I didn't pay for my exam yet but I should; The guy in BT Nugget videos says its a good way to prevent the endless-put-off of the exam.

YEah... I don't even wanna open that ICND2 book yet, I'm a bit baffled enough by ICND1!! What kinda bums me out was during my AAS in network operations, we had to do subnetting on one of our tests and I passed with a good grade. I just forgot how to do it and when I read Odom, it seems like some totally different method, I guess theres more than one way to skin a cat.

Well, I figure since today is a holiday, I can relax and really pick back up tomorrow and start studying like crazy. I still want to shoot for the 1st or 2nd week of July. My B-day is 7/24 and I really was dedicated to having a cert by my birthday as the ultimate b-day present to myself. I'll get back at it tomorrow. Let me know when you take it man... or when you're getting close. Yeah, Im not sure about the switch to ICND2 right away LOL I'll keep ya posted... thanks again!!

Dale

Yup. I recommend scheduling your exam so you'll have a date in mind.

I remember when I first studied subnetting I was like scratching my head all the time. I picked up subnetting when I read Todd Lammle's way. When I got it, I practiced a lot of subnetting on line.

Hang in there. You'll eventually find a way that works for you.
    Focused and Steady.
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Hi,

I really learned subnetting watching Jeremy (CBTNuggets) CCNA videos, this guys is very good teaching Cisco stuff, if you have those videos my advise is, watch the subnetting videos 4-5 times, create all subnetting escenarios that you can and then watch the videos 4-5 times again, after that, you will know subnetting.

Hope this help. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi ddzierzek, i think you need to relax a little, stress reduces brain respnose, you can and will pass this exam. in the odom book in my opinion you have the best subnetting guide available, just read through the chapter and watch the dvd examples as you read through the chapter, before you move on, work through all the examples in the printable appendix, then when you are comfortable move on to the next section, put in the time and you will see patterns appear,
    chin up dude, you can do this

carl icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops