Int dot11Radio0 Status-Reset Protocol-Down

eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
Hi Guys,

I'm dealing with this problem, i have a second AP 1120B as a repeater, got everything configured but the dot11Radio 0 is on Reset status and protocl down, i found this on google:

CSCsi24761—The 802.11a radio in 1130 series access points sometimes remains in a reset state. 

Workaround—Reset the access point.

Is not the model i have but i did reset the AP and still the same, not to much info about this, someone had this problem before?, here is the output:

AP-11#sh run
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 2142 bytes
!
version 12.3
no service pad
service tcp-keepalives-in
service tcp-keepalives-out
service timestamps debug datetime msec localtime show-timezone
service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone
service password-encryption
service sequence-numbers
!
hostname AP-11
!
no logging console
!
clock timezone EST -5
clock summer-time EDT recurring
ip subnet-zero
ip domain name HomeAP-11.com
!
!
ip ssh authentication-retries 2
ip ssh port 2212 rotary 1
ip ssh version 2
aaa new-model
!
!
aaa authentication login default local
aaa authorization exec default local 
aaa session-id common
!
dot11 ssid ITCS
   authentication open 
   authentication key-management wpa
   guest-mode
   infrastructure-ssid
   wpa-psk ascii XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
!
!
crypto pki trustpoint TP-self-signed-538663900
 enrollment selfsigned
 subject-name cn=IOS-Self-Signed-Certificate-538663900
 revocation-check none
 rsakeypair TP-self-signed-538663900
!
!
username admin privilege 15 secret 5 $1$ZNF.$XXXXXXXXXXXXX
!
bridge irb
!
!
interface Dot11Radio0
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 !
 encryption mode ciphers tkip 
 !
 ssid ITCS
 !
 parent 1 0040.96a1.2fd9
 speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 basic-11.0
 station-role repeater
 antenna receive right
 antenna transmit right
 antenna gain 128
 no cdp enable
 bridge-group 1
 bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
 bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 1 source-learning
 no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
!
interface FastEthernet0
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 no cdp enable
 bridge-group 1
!
interface BVI1
 ip address 192.168.5.5 255.255.255.0
 no ip route-cache
!
ip default-gateway 192.168.5.1
no ip http server
ip http authentication aaa
ip http secure-server
ip http help-path [url]http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/prodconfig/help/eag[/url]
!
access-list 111 permit tcp any any neq telnet
no cdp run
bridge 1 route ip
!
!
!
line con 0
 access-class 111 in
line vty 0 4
 access-class 111 in
 rotary 1
 transport input ssh
!
end

AP-11#sh ip int br
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol
BVI1                       192.168.5.5     YES NVRAM  up                    up      
Dot11Radio0                unassigned      YES NVRAM  reset                 down    
FastEthernet0              unassigned      YES NVRAM  up                    up      
AP-11#

I appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Elegua,

I'm not sure about your problem, but I'm interested. Figured I'd bump it back to the top to get a few more looks!

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Serial0Serial0 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't recall if it was enabled by default, however, have you tried enabling the aironet extensions? In, my Academy Lab (Lab 5.4.8 ) notebook, this is done after specifying the station-role on the repeater:

station-role repeater
    dot11 extension aironet

Also, the parent MAC address should be the MAC address of the non-repeater dot11radio interface (not fastethernet )
    Starting on CCNP-BCSI....
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    elegua,

If you're going to talk about a repeater, then could you give some information about the root access point?
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Serial0 wrote:
    I don't recall if it was enabled by default, however, have you tried enabling the aironet extensions? In, my Academy Lab (Lab 5.4.8 ) notebook, this is done after specifying the station-role on the repeater:

station-role repeater
    dot11 extension aironet

Also, the parent MAC address should be the MAC address of the non-repeater dot11radio interface (not fastethernet )

Thanks Serial0, i have those commands configured under Dot11Radio0 interface, i followed a guide that i found on cisco web for those AP's (1100 Series) and there said all the commands you have to used to configurate a repeater.
    interface Dot11Radio0
     no ip address
     no ip route-cache
     !
     encryption mode ciphers tkip 
     !
     ssid ITCS
     !
     parent 1 0040.96a1.2fd9 ---------------> non repeater MAC Dot11Radio0 interface
     speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 basic-11.0
     station-role repeater-------------> OK
     dot11 extension aironet----------> OK
     antenna receive right
     antenna transmit right
     antenna gain 128
     no cdp enable
     bridge-group 1
     bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
     bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
     no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding

I'll try to reset the configuration and start from cero and see what happen, any other help will be appreciate.

Thanks. icon_wink.gif
    Hi Guys,

Got it guys icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif , after couple of days reading and changing configurations i run a debug for the Dot11Radio0 interface and i noticed a error when the repeater AP was trying to authenticated with the root AP, something like EAP authentication missmatch so i went to google and checked the level 7 passwords in a web side that crack these passwords and bingo, one different letter (a typo) in the password on the repeater AP so i deleted it and now i got the repeater up and running, went to my room and got 100% signal when before i got no signal there, very happy because this forced me to read a lot and learn about the configuration on these wireless's AP.

Thanks guys for all your help. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool... Good work!

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    elegua wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Got it guys icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif , after couple of days reading and changing configurations i run a debug for the Dot11Radio0 interface and i noticed a error when the repeater AP was trying to authenticated with the root AP, something like EAP authentication missmatch so i went to google and checked the level 7 passwords in a web side that crack these passwords and bingo, one different letter (a typo) in the password on the repeater AP so i deleted it and now i got the repeater up and running, went to my room and got 100% signal when before i got no signal there, very happy because this forced me to read a lot and learn about the configuration on these wireless's AP.

elegua,

Welcome to the world of wireless security. In this case, security was working, therefore you were having the problem you were having with the root AP and repeater AP association problem. Did you configure a local RADIUS server on the root AP?
    elegua wrote:
    Hi Guys,

elegua,

Welcome to the world of wireless security. In this case, security was working, therefore you were having the problem you were having with the root AP and repeater AP association problem. Did you configure a local RADIUS server on the root AP?

Hi tech-airman,

Yeah you're right haha, about the RADIOS server, no i don't but i 'll do it soon, i got 3 servers (2-IBM's and 1-Dell running Win-Server 2003) at home and for sure one of them will be the RADIUS server for the AP's and for my routers.
    Cool... Good work!

~Peanut Head

Thank you peanutnoggin, yeah was a very long weekend for me, i went to bet at 4:50am today but at the end i finished.

Thanks. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif