I've just been 'CCNA'-ed!!

Kingmc74Kingmc74 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone :D

I've never posted on here before but I have been a regular visitor for the last couple of months in the run-up to my CCNA attempt.

I passed this morning....my score was 933 (Yaaay!!! :D:D:D).

I want to say a huge "Thank You" to the moderators and all the contributors to this forum. The information I gleaned helped me no end in my preparation.

Heartfelt thanks to one and all, I couldn't have done it without ya!

I only hope I can be of some assistance to others yet to take the plunge!

Okay, now where did I put that BCMSN study guide....

Much love :P

kingmc74

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    excellent news! congrats!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Congratulations and Good luck with BCMSN. icon_wink.gif
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats...Good Luck with the CCNP. Be sure to post if you have any questions. Lots of good people to clear things up
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man. Great Score
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz mate... Very good score as well :)

See you in the CCNP forums :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool. Congratulations on the pass, good luck on the CCNP track, and welcome to the forum (as a poster)!

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on getting CCNA'ed!!! Much better than getting Rick Rolled, IMO icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    I have mine scheduled for the 18th of this month. Anything in particular you would say was suprisingly hard on the test? How did you prepare.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    I have mine scheduled for the 18th of this month. Anything in particular you would say was suprisingly hard on the test? How did you prepare.
    im looking to make mine around that time, the one thing that has me a little stressed as of now is time management during the test
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Kingmc74Kingmc74 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□

Hi remyforbes777, I think what was most time consuming for me were the router config/troubleshooting sims (no surprise there!), though I wouldn't say they were difficult as such.
    A friend gave me some really good advice before my exam...."Don't get hung up on the sims!" and that really helped me focus on completing them within the time I mentally allocated to them!

My prep consisted of both CCENT & ICND2 books by Wendell Odom, CBT Nuggets (CCENT/ICND2), the cisco website (CCNA prep center), Boson Netsim 7, Transcender CCNA engine and all the exam-style questions I could lay my hands on!!!!

I should also mention that I had a small lab set up on my desk at work (2x2950 switches & 2x2611 routers).

Reading over this, it sounds like quite a lot, doesn't it? :D

If there's one thing I will recommend (apart from hands-on experience with cisco kit), it is keep working with exam questions, you'll be surprised at how many similar ones show up on the exam :) .

I hope this helps.

Good luck. Now go forth and conquer!
  • CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Kingmc74 wrote:
    If there's one thing I will recommend (apart from hands-on experience with cisco kit), it is keep working with exam questions, you'll be surprised at how many similar ones show up on the exam :) .

Um... That doesnt sound legit. Just sayin. icon_wink.gif
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • marco71marco71 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Kingmc74 wrote:

Hi remyforbes777, I think what was most time consuming for me were the router config/troubleshooting sims (no surprise there!), though I wouldn't say they were difficult as such.
    A friend gave me some really good advice before my exam...."Don't get hung up on the sims!" and that really helped me focus on completing them within the time I mentally allocated to them!

My prep consisted of both CCENT & ICND2 books by Wendell Odom, CBT Nuggets (CCENT/ICND2), the cisco website (CCNA prep center), Boson Netsim 7, Transcender CCNA engine and all the exam-style questions I could lay my hands on!!!!

I should also mention that I had a small lab set up on my desk at work (2x2950 switches & 2x2611 routers).

Reading over this, it sounds like quite a lot, doesn't it? :D

I hope this helps.

Good luck. Now go forth and conquer!

Thanks for the advice. I have 3 weeks to really polish up.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Kingmc74 wrote:
    Which exam questions did you use?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    super job man!

man I have got to pass! everyone hammering this CCNA! grrrr haha

but excellent job..you must have studied to hammer that score out! the exam goes by fast!
    icon_lol.gif
  • Kingmc74Kingmc74 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    Kingmc74 wrote:
    Which exam questions did you use?

Hi mikej412!

I used the Transcender Engine and all the questions in the CCNA Prep center, also all the questions on the CDs of both the CCENT and ICND2 books.
    Lots of subnetting questions from subnettingquestions.com (and a couple of other sites that I can't remember right now!), PrepLogic questions/Boson netsim off of CD from the Sybex CCNA book...oh, and I also used the CCNA Practical Studies book for lab exercises.

I think using both the CCENT and ICND2 books were a plus for me. Lots more explanation.

Cheerio!
  • sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    Kingmc74 wrote:
    If there's one thing I will recommend (apart from hands-on experience with cisco kit), it is keep working with exam questions, you'll be surprised at how many similar ones show up on the exam :)

Looks like someone made an oops?
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
    Kingmc74 wrote:
    If there's one thing I will recommend (apart from hands-on experience with cisco kit), it is keep working with exam questions, you'll be surprised at how many similar ones show up on the exam :)

You know what happens when you make a boo boo? You get the boo box!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCx-M8dcDhk

Kingmc74 wrote:

nah, sounds like he was legit, just different wording.

Kingmc74 wrote:
    I used the Transcender Engine and all the questions in the CCNA Prep center, also all the questions on the CDs of both the CCENT and ICND2 books.
    Lots of subnetting questions from subnettingquestions.com (and a couple of other sites that I can't remember right now!), PrepLogic questions/Boson netsim off of CD from the Sybex CCNA book...oh, and I also used the CCNA Practical Studies book for lab exercises.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

snadam wrote:
    Kingmc74 wrote:

nah, sounds like he was legit, just different wording.

Kingmc74 wrote:

Ohh, ok. No boo box then. We'll save it for another day :)

Ohh, ok. No boo box then. We'll save it for another day :)

fortunately or unfortunately (depending how you look at it) the boo box will have to wait... :D

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Kingmc74 wrote:

I think using both the CCENT and ICND2 books were a plus for me. Lots more explanation.
    Ah! A Fine Selection of Resources! icon_thumright.gif I thought I heard they were going to update the CCNA Practical Studies book.... but if you just cut out the "old stuff" out of the old edition it still can be very useful.

Congratulations on the CCNA and Good Luck on the CCNP Quest! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • netwaynenetwayne Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WTG King MC! Nice score too. Looks like you were well prepared and used a number of diff resources. I have my 1st 802 attempt scheduled for next Wed. Quick question to you and any other recent CCNA's and that is what percentage of the exam would you say were straight theory memorization type questions? An example might be something like "Which of the following statements about thick Ethernet is true?" From what I understand the exam totals 50-60 questions.

Thanks!
  • CERTS4LADYCERTS4LADY Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you.......you did a lot of preparation and it paid off! :D