resoucrce / advice

nangananga Member Posts: 201
What would be the best source for finding jobs in IT security. Tips for job hunt would be helpful.

I am a ccna/network+/Security+/SSCP ( associate) with MS in IT Mgmt. I have 5 months of a internship experince much of security scans and docuemtation of risk with the systems.

Any suggestions to build on the skill sets.

Thanks you guys.

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like you have worked hard and done a good job so congrats.

You may already know this but try these sites for job hunting

monster.com
    careerbuilder.com
    dice.com
    craigslist.com
    your newspaper website
    your local job scene website
    tek-systems
    kforce

Good luck
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • nangananga Member Posts: 201
    thanks for the pep reply and advice.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    Sounds like you have worked hard and done a good job so congrats.

You may already know this but try these sites for job hunting

monster.com
    careerbuilder.com
    dice.com
    craigslist.com
    your newspaper website
    your local job scene website
    tek-systems
    kforce

Good luck

to that effect, I found that careerbuilder.com has been the best for IT jobs at least in my area more recently. it could be different for your area. For some reason im having more success on searches for IT and business management as well.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    how should i go abt getting a entry level jobs. Most of them are asking for 2 yrs + exp and laods of skill sets including firewall and expert network knowledge. Given the fact I am still in college... 90% done with my courses. icon_sad.gif
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    nanga wrote:
    how should i go abt getting a entry level jobs. Most of them are asking for 2 yrs + exp and laods of skill sets including firewall and expert network knowledge. Given the fact I am still in college... 90% done with my courses. icon_sad.gif

Apply anyways. All they can say is no.
    Working on Linux+
    :P is what i am doing..applying !!! icon_rolleyes.gif hope it works out.

thanks again for all the advice, apreciate it
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nanga wrote:
    :P is what i am doing..applying !!! icon_rolleyes.gif hope it works out.

thanks again for all the advice, apreciate it

I think we have had this discussion in another thread (and I think either mishra or liven brought it up), but HR people try 'to catch the biggest fish with the smallest amount of bait'. So basically you could qualify for the job, even though the requirements say otherwise. A lot of people have found it frustrating.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    I am one of the many people on this board that have gotten a job where they did not meet all of the hiring HR's requirements. So ill say it again. All they can say is no or not reply at all.
    wow...thats some pep talk..le me start flooding my resume :) ..i agree it dosent hurt to submit ur resume