JNCIS-M Passed!

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
It was a good 3 months of studying the sybex book but I finally have passed my JNCIS-M, its a good feeling!
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Not too shabby for 3 months worth of work, huh? Congratulations on the pass! What's up next for you?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Studying for the JNCIP-M now. I have it scheduled for December so hopefully that will be enough time to get it down.

-Bender
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • nick619nick619 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Good luck on the next one, make sure you get a lot of practice in.
    I've heard the IP can be a killer. I've been going through the labs in the IP book, read the chapter, do the labs about 10 or so times and move on to the next chapter. So far I'm doing the labs for the IBGP chapter which means 1 chapter left. I currently have the test scheduled for July, which does seem a little soon, but I've been studying day and night so hopefully I'll be ready.

-Bender
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you've done the labs in the book 10 times over, you shouldn't have any trouble with the IP and shouldn't run into too many surprises. The book is a perfect study guide and lead in for the actual lab exam. Hope your exam goes well!

I've only done exams in Sunnyvale, but the experiences were amazing. It's stressful walking in the first time, but the dudes there are awesome. By the end of the day, instead of feeling like a stressful lab, it felt like a day away from the office, just hanging out at Juniper and playing with their gear.

My quick thoughts:
    - mondays suck ;)
    - i'm not a breakfast guy, but a good breakfast makes a world of difference
    - spot check often, make sure a fix for one problem doesn't cause another
    - you should have a healthy amount of time, so don't rush too much and get sloppy
    - sunnyvale rocks! ... but i should have tried amsterdam like i intended. hehe
    - load merge terminal relative ... one of the best commands for this lab !!!
    - show bgp summary ... critical ... make sure they're all up at the end. sure they're up in the middle of the lab, but it's surprising how easy it is to take some down by the end of the lab without even thinking / noticing, working on something completely different.

Anyhoo, have fun!
    Hey zoidberg! Love the name btw, another futurama fan is a friend indeed :D

I actually just took my IP a couple of days ago and passed it. You were definitely right about the book being an excellent study guide. I probably went through each lab about 20 times and when I got to the test I was able to breeze through it, I had it done in about 4 hours, which left me about 4 hours to review over everything. The funny thing that happened is that the proctor knew that I was done that earlier and graded the test before the day was through, which made it nice because he was able to tell me that I passed right when the test was over.

Going to Sunnyvale was an amazing experience indeed and was stressful walking in there the first time for sure. Your quick thoughts are definitely words of wisdom, "load merge terminal relative" was probably my most used command on the exam followed by "show bgp summary". I totally agree that the day turned out to be a day of playing with juniper routers, and I'm looking forward to going back for my IE.

Now all I got to decided is do I go for a few cisco certs or go straight for the IE.

-Bender
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!

Forget Cisco, Go for the IE ;)

The IE builds on the foundation you have already developed, so you're really half way there.

Anyhoo, take a short break and enjoy your success.
    I'm very tempted to go straight for the IE, my only concern is that I just was offered a job with qwest and I'll be working with juniper routers and cisco switches, not having much for cisco experience realily worries me.

-Bender