Test booked for tomorrow ** Update - Passed **

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
Test booked in the arvo Australian time. Have a couple of last minute questions please:

1. You are the network administrator for you bigfirm.biz. The network consists of a single
domain with servers runnig Windows Server 2003. Most client computers run Windows XP
Professional, with a few running NT4. Two terminal servers are available to network users. You install a new application on both terminal servers. Everyone who uses the new application to create data must save the data directly in a folder on the local hard disk.

You need to ensure that client disk drives are always available when employees connect to theterminal servers. Which two actions should you perform?

A. Create a client connection object with default settings and deploy the object to each terminal server.
B. Edit the RDP-Tcp properties by selecting the Connect client drives at logon options.
C. Install NetMeeting on all client computers. Configure Remote Desktop Sharing.
D. Install the default Windows 2000 Terminal Server Client software on the Windows NT 4.0 workstations.
E. Install Remote Desktop Connections on the Windows NT 4.0 workstations.

edit (Given answer is C and D) Why?

2. Just a quick one. When you want to create performance baselines to check for performance of hardware with regards to previous levels, do you create alert objects? If yes, why and if not, why not?

Thank you.

P.S. Since it's last minute study woes, expect some more questions to get posted!
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Good Luck!!

I think its too late to reply to your questions as I think your taking/taken your test, so sorry about that.

How did it go??
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    1. Should be B & D.

B. so you actually force the clients drives to map (vs doing whatever is configured on the client),

D. NT4 didn't have an RDP client (since TSE came out almost 2 years after NT4 RTM'd) and the Windows 2000 Terminal Services Advanced Client is compatible with NT4.

2. The goal of a baseline is to determine the normal operating profile of the computer. If the computer starts having problems and you compare its current profile it to the baseline you should be able to see what has changed.

e.g., the baseline shows the average CPU utilization to be ~25%, mem at about 20% free, disk queue length at 0 and network at 2% utilization you could configure alerts to show you when it starts to operate outside those parameters. It could alert you to the fact that lets say your disk queue length is now 6. (maybe this is a bad example as you should be able to catch that as the root of your problem, but your baseline would include far more counters than this and the changes might not be as obvious - this is where alerts could come in handy).

Good luck!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sie, the test's tomorrow i.e. Thursday.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    ok icon_lol.gif

Good Luck for then.

The answers given are correct so I wont go over the same again, cheers Astorrs.

[Edit Spelling /Edit]
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
    Thank you guys, hopefully I will post a :D sign after the test.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• mariegeniamariegenia Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Message for Sie:
    About " The answers given are correct so ..."

You refer to the answer given by the test tool ?

Because i also think that installing remote desktop sw to users is not necesary.

Please let me know what you mean, and if you think test tool answer are correct explain why?

Thanks again!!!
    working on 70-291

70-290
    He meant the answers given in my post are correct.

You need to install the TSAC on the NT4 systems because they do not have one built in (NT4 came out before RDP existed). The question clearly states that they use both Windows XP and NT4 on client computers.
    Thank you for your fast answer!!!

It was just to be sure I was on the same channel.

Thanks again...

Marie :D
    working on 70-291

70-290
    Congratulations!

I just saw the updated subject line.

How did you find the exam?
    831 after 2.5 hours.... :D

Exam was not as difficult as expected, had been doing the transcender tests and they were waay tougher than the actual test. Took me 2.5 hours solely because I reviewed every question. This was my first MS exam and I wasnt taking any chances.

Had 5 simulations and except for one, they were ridiculously easy. Wish I had more of them. Just as I had hoped I got 3 terminal services questions and thankfully they were pretty basic and I think I nailed them. Heaps of performance and backup questions with a few permissions questions thrown here and there. I think the test was dominated by performance questions.

Anyways, I used a few resources for this test. Transcender, MS Press, CBT Nuggets, MeasureUP ( icon_eek.gif ) and this site. I have about 8 months work experience with Server 2003 so that helped a bit.

Will move on to the 291 now, but before I start tackling the beast I am going to brush up my weak areas i.e. Terminal Services and GPO.

A BIG Thank You to all the members of this magnificent website for helping me with my questions and problems. I also used this site as a motivator, with so many incredible stories this site is gold.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    Felicitaciones!!!!

Marie
    working on 70-291

70-290
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job. Glad to help. It's nice to see you really trying to learn all the material. I love people who focus on learning instead of just trying to ace the exam.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    To me the easier an exam seems means the better you prepared for it. Judging from the questions I've seen coming from you lately you prepared really well for this one. Congratulations and you deserved that good score!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    Thank you all ! :)
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..