are you allow to bring cell phone to the exam?

if i turn on my vibrate, would my cell phone be allowed or you have to locked it up in a locker when you get there? or if they see my cell phone...they will give me a big fat zero on my exam?

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You go through a metal detection system, pat you down, and make you take your shoes off to make sure you're not hiding a cell phone in your shoe! In all seriousness, they'll ask you if you have your cell phone on you. There's a lock box they'll give you to place your valuables in and you take the lockbox with you. I think some places have lockers instead. I always leave my cell phone in my car (not necessarily a good thing).
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    royal, you forgot to tell him about the dogs...
  • thecleanerthecleaner Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had my laptop and wireless broadband modem in the exam, is that wrong? icon_cool.gif
  • Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    NO CELLPHONES icon_exclaim.gif
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    The only thing they want you to have is 2 forms of ID when you actually take the test. As royal described about the lockers, they want everything else to be locked in the lockers during yoru test....wallet, keys, phones, ect,.... everything but your clothes and 2 forms of ID. I'm sure you can get away with keeping your wallet and keys, but they have always asked me to put them in the locker.....Eh, whatever.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I empty my pockets in my car before I walk in, taking with me only my two forms of ID and my asthma inhaler.

Don't take any chances. Any act that could be considered cheating could cost you the exam fee plus any certs you already have from the cert vendor. It's not worth it.
    Good luck to all!
  • bogdan5bogdan5 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can't even wear a hoodie. If you do wear a hoodie you have to tuck it inside.
    Going for:N+, MCSA/MCSE.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    I empty my pockets in my car before I walk in, taking with me only my two forms of ID and my asthma inhaler.

Don't take any chances. Any act that could be considered cheating could cost you the exam fee plus any certs you already have from the cert vendor. It's not worth it.

so, whats your make/model and VIN number please? Also, what test center do you frequent? icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was stripped search and asked to bend down and cough 3 times by someone who was wearing a latex gloves!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • JayrodEFJayrodEF Member Posts: 111 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can't even wear a hoodie. If you do wear a hoodie you have to tuck it inside.

Wow. I think I've worn a hoodie to every exam I've taken. They're good luck! Never had anybody say anything.
    jbaello wrote:
    I was stripped search and asked to bend down and cough 3 times by someone who was wearing a latex gloves!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

you're lucky, at least you got gloves! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    snadam wrote:
    jbaello wrote:

That's not necessarily a bad thing as long as it's a good looking girl. :)
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    royal wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    jbaello wrote:

That's not necessarily a bad thing as long as it's a good looking girl. :)

there must be some hot IT ladies in Illinois :)

AZ is a beautiful state in more ways than one, but IT personnel is NOT one of them; with the exception of me icon_lol.gif

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've found each test center to be different, some have lockers, others ask you turn give them your cell phone/stuff to lock it all away in a drawer until after the exam, others just wanted my phone, didn't want me to empty my pockets or take my coat (I had to ask them what to do with them, they didn't care so I put them far away from me in the exam room so the camera could see, I'm a little paranoid :) ) and even offered me cookies and something to drink if I wanted... Another one I'm pretty sure was run by former prison guards...

Actually the only thing consistent about them was the "no cellphones" thing.
  • cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    My testing facility gives me grief every time I come in about my insulin pump. They think it's a pager and I have to show them how it works and that it's actually connected to me.
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    At the test center I was at the lady told me that I don't have to bother turning off my cell phone it doesn't bother her at all. Never asked me to empty my pockets and didn't even blink at the ExamCram book I set off to the side. About the only thing going for it is they asked for 2 forms of ID while at the test center here in Phoenix I've gotten chided for having 2 forms of ID.

I think the inconsistencies are funny.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I had to empty my pockets in the most recent one, previous tests not so much as even a question if I had a phone. The girl there ended up hanging on to it for me.
    -Daniel
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had to lock mine in my car. The proctor did not want to be held responsible.
  • EMoMoneyEMoMoney Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The bigger question is why do you need your phone during the exam?
    EMoMoney wrote:
    The bigger question is why do you need your phone during the exam?

to order a pizza, DUH icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif