Options

Past Experience/Studying for N+

aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I've done the A+ a few months ago and I have to say it was very interesting going through the books and the exam, a great refresher! I had worked in the past as an IT Technician for 5 years before taking exam.

Now I'm going to sit the N+ in the next month or two. I've got the "All in one, Network+ Certification" book by Mike Meyers of course and I'm thinking how hard is this exam really? I mean I supported a small work group Ethernet and 802.11b (at the time) running 9x, 2000, XP and a Red Hat file server during the entire time I was an IT Technician without any problems. I've no doubt I'll learn a lot from the book but just thinking how difficult will the actual test be? icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The harder you study, the easier the exam gets :D

You probably shouldn't have too much trouble -- but lots of time people get over confident and forget to study some of the things in the objectives that they don't have experience with (like Novell or Mac stuff).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats what I thought.. read the book lol. I try to remain realistic when studying for a test, even the A+ I didn't expect to fail but I wasn't going to go into it and assume I'd pass just because I did the job for x amount of years. Anyway I'd forgot most of my IRQ's and DMA's by the time I thought about the A+ just because I hadn't really setup a DOS/9x machine in so long. I think you hit the nail on the head with the mac stuff, least for me.. I've actually fairly minimal mac experience so I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Thanks! :D