Passed Network+

whaydenwhayden Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed my Network+ test with a 833. :)

It wasn't too bad but I really over studied for it. I study for about three months (off and on). The books I used was Mike Meyers All in One Network + book, Exam Cram 2: Network+, and a Exam Cram Network+ with 500 pratice question. They were all really helpful even though the Exam Cram books/cds had a TON of errors in it.

Also I been reading the messages on this board for the last few weeks, getting inspired for my test. So I thank you all for your inspriational stories of success.

Now on to MCSA!!!! So I can join the evil power and help take over the world :).

Good luck to the rest of you testers!
"I plan to be studying for my next cert when I am on my deathbed in the hospital."

-BeachTech_

Comments

• TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Congrats on the new cert :D , which MCSA are you going for 2000 or 2003?
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • whaydenwhayden Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    2003, figure I should get the most update one, so I don't have to retest (as soon). Doing the XP prof. client test first.
    "I plan to be studying for my next cert when I am on my deathbed in the hospital."

-BeachTech_
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    man i'm getting worried a bit now it getting closer to test date.. i wasn't as worried when i took the ccna
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
    Why worry? ;)

Anyways you took and passed the CCNA, that should help. Like I said earlier it wasn't that hard, I did way better on the Network+ then the A+ test. I was actually sure of a passing score when I click the submit button, at the end of the test.

-BeachTech_
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i didn't pass the ccna but i got 700 on it though 2 years ago.. so i guess i should be alright

can't help but be a little nervous
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • missing30missing30 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the Net+ test.
    I know what you mean by "overstudy" . I felt the same way after the A+. I'm studying for net+ now, using Mike Meyers All in one. Any advice for someone about to schedule the test? I'm about 4/5's of the way through the "AIO" book.
    Read another book :), I read the exam cram 2: Network + book also. Also write notes down while you are reading. It is great for reviewing later. Also take "good" pratice test, not the easy ones that are in Mike Meyers book. I used another Exam Cram book for Network+ (that had 500 questions in it). I used the questions in my books and the CDs that came with them. Also I did study the test/information that is on this site. If you can test out all the network features in Windows, Novell, and Linux... oh yeah remember the Apple stuff ;). They will throw a couple of them at you. I was lucky that while studying for the test I got a computer tech. job. Mainly because all the client computers have Novell login, so that gave me experience with it. Also I tried two different distros of linux (Red Hat and Mandrake) and network them with windows. Become one with TCP/IP, learn to worship it, and impress your friends with it (actually may not be a good idea, if you want to keep em ;) ). Most of the questions are worded in a troubleshooting way, so you need to know how to actually do it. Not just memorizing definitions and acryonoms.

Hope that help some.... anyway I am tired now, too much cleaning the apartment.. must sleep...zzz

-BeachTech_