Options

Taking 291 tomorrow.... (Update: Passed)

penberthpenberth Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I hope I am ready. I am signed up using the MS Second Shot voucher....which is why I have to take it now. You have to take the first shot at any 2nd shot dealers by the end of May, and this was as close to the end as I could get.

I have read three books, and have been studying for close to two months now. I have did OK on several of the practice tests (upper 70s to lower 80s). I have a pretty good handle on subnetting. Of the practice questions relating to subnetting, I've gotten most of them right...including VLSM.

I feel like I have a good handle on DNS. When to use primary, secondary, AD-integrated. Zone transfers, caching only, forwarders, conditional forwarders, etc....

I understand DHCP, and can implement scopes, authorize servers, activate scopes. Can set up server options. Know the server, scope, class, client hierarchy for options.

I know that most people that have taken the exam have said that they had 1 sim. Is this still the case?

Also, as I enter my final night to cram, from those of you who have taken the exam....which topics should I focus on the most?

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DHCP and DNS

RRAS is still on as well. This one was hard for me since I've never seen this in a production enviroment

Good Luck!
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been looking over RRAS....and need to some more. Of the three books I read...none of them seemed to be overly clear.

How many interactive questions are most people seeing? If this isn't condoned on here, then disregard.
  • Options
    So I took the exam this AM. Took me about 3 hours. And as most here said, make sure you know DNS and DHCP. The was a surprising amount of IPSEC on the exam.

The exam focused the most on DNS and DHCP.
    The second most content would be IPSEC.
    The third most WSUS and Network monitor.

Like most here said, there was 1 SIM and it was easy....So that was good.

There was a pretty good amount of questions that were drag and drop / interactive.

The one thing that a lot of people don't talk about in relation to the exam was subnetting. I only had one question where I had to subnet. (If this is a no-no, then MODs please edit this section.)

Overall, the test went well.

Now I am on to 70-293 since most people say that it is so close to this one.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

...and yeah I've heard that the same thing on 70-293, so good plan to take that next.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)