Some questions ....

mariegeniamariegenia Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
1.- If i configured shadow copies at noon and night and want to recover a file as it was on Wed at 8 AM.
Should i recover the copy made on Tuesday night? or Wed? Because in a practice exam the correct answer was Wed but i think that if i need the file as it was at 8PM on Wed I need to recover the copy from Tuesday night.

2.- Whenever i had problems with mirrored disk, do i need to break the mirror to move disks? In which cases should i use the import opcion? and scan? activate?

3.- Difference between trace logs and counter logs.

Thanks in avance for your time...

Marie
working on 70-291

70-290

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    1. Assuming your question is for 8AM you would need the copy from midnight Tuesday/Wednesday night. If its 8PM you would want the one from noon on Wednesday.

2. Break the mirror, replace the failed disk, initialize and convert the new disk to dynamic. Recreate the mirror.

3. Counter logs are used to record the measurements of specific counters. Trace logs are used to record memory and resource events.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you want to move disks to another server, you can choose Remove Disk from the Logical Disk Manager (Disk Management in Computer Management MMC). I'd uninstall it from Device Manager prior to that. You can then move the disk to the other server, rescan to find the new disk, and import it so it won't show as a foreign disk anymore.

If you're recovering from a RAID 1 failure on 1 disk, you can remove the mirror and choose which disk the data should be removed from. You can then re-create the mirror with a new disk. For RAID 5, it's a matter of fixing the existing disk and choosing Reactive. Or if the disk fails, you can just remove the failed disk, insert a new disk, and choose repair volume and choose the new disk.

And for shadow copies, you'd choose Tuesday. It's 8am on wednesday and the noon backup hasn't happened yet. That means the last shadow copy was created on Tuesday night.

Counter logs let you view performance in real time based on counters you choose such as CPU cycles, how much memory is being used, and other available counters... Trace logs are used to monitor events and have a notification system for alerts.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • mariegeniamariegenia Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just to thank you so much the information!!!

I book my 70-290 exam for Friday. I studied in an official course, read some blogs and practice t=e=s=t=k=i=n=g exam. Today i'm getting an average of 74%.
    Do you think t=e=s=t=k=i=n=g are very simmilar?
    Do you think 74% on practice exams is enough to pass the real exam?

And... I suppose the exam has 50 questions with 1:30 min. Is that correct?

Thanks again....

Bye!!!

Marie
    working on 70-291

70-290
    That is a braindump site. Have a look here (http://www.certguard.com/braindumps.asp) for more on why this is a bad idea and why you can end up loosing your certs.
    Hi!!
    I never thought on this site to be not legal.
    Sorry again...

Any legal test engine to recommend for next exam?

Thanks !!!
    working on 70-291

70-290
    Self Test Software (www.selftestsoftware.com) is probably the best. They've been selling Microsoft practice exams for 13 years and were the first to be certified by Microsoft. Transcender is another one (www.transcender.com) but they are both owned by Kaplan so its quite likely Transcender is just reselling STS exams.

Measure Up is another one, but most people here think their quality is low and from what I've seen I have to agree with them - some of the questions are just ridiculous.

You can always use CertGuard (http://www.certguard.com/Search.asp) to check a URL/domain before buying anything from them.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mariegenia wrote:
    Hi!!
    I never thought on this site to be not legal.
    Sorry again...

Any legal test engine to recommend for next exam?

Thanks !!!

I had a chuckle when I read this post and the last post that you made. You said you didnt know that the braindump site was illegal, then why did you write " t=e=s=t=k=i=n=g ", you knew that this site's filter would filter the correct syntax of that website. So you knew that the site was a braindump and is illegal.

Take a few weeks more to prepare for the test, use genuine study resources and believe me you will be more knowledgable and better prepared for the subsequent exams and for the real world.

To add: There's a guy at my company who works on the Service Desk. He's passed the 270, 290, 291, 271 and 293 but doesnt know how to create a mandatory profile for multiple users icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif . The other day a friend and me were having lunch in the cafeteria when this guy rocks up and asks us " How do I get a guy to copy stuff from his terminal services session to the local disk " Jesus, I was just incredulous, baffled, dumbfounded icon_eek.gif . He went icon_redface.gif when I said " I thought you were an MCSA? "

I am sure you want to avoid that kind of very very embarassing situation... rest, of course is upto you.

I read that your exam is scheduled for tomorrow, good luck.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Hi.... about your comment:

I write with === because in preview I noticed that the name was blanked. I think the site do that to aboid publicity.

Thank you for your good luck!!!

Marie
    working on 70-291

70-290