Options

Internet Advertising - Google, Yahoo, MSN - Sponsored Ads

NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
Hey gang,
I'm just wondering how much you guys spend on online advertising. I know it's going to depend on the company size (ie, bigger companies can spend more) and whatnot.

I work a relatively small company (50 employees) and we spend about $500 dollars a month on Google and Yahoo sponsored ads. We don't actually sell anything on our website, but just for exposure. We constantly are using our daily limit up (which means we are getting good results). Each time we up the anty I see our clicks go up on our website, so i know it's working. I realize we could double our amount and get double the clicks.....but where do you draw the line? My boss keeps asking me what I think is appropriate for our situation. Then every month I play it safe and just say let's increase our per day limit by $1.

My boss came back from some kind of huge Marketing type meeting and they were saying how Internet advertising is the #1 marketing expense. I'm just wondering how we rank in terms of online advertising compared to other companies (proportionally, of course).
WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    The company I work at spends 0 on internet advertising.

Keep in mind that this company is a stone work company and on its front pages says "Excuse our Dust, We are currently Under Construction"

They don't believe in business being driven through the website at all. Which is sad, considering how long they took to even inform me that there was a non-working e-mail address for information on the website. I fix that up and now they're getting a fair rate of activity on that address. Yet they still don't see any value in the site.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Yeah, it's too bad companies don't realize that even just a simple website can bring in a lot of business, that is if the information is current. Google is by far the #1 shopping mall for me icon_lol.gif

I'm a bit surprised only 1 response so far. Maybe you guys don't handle Internet advertising at your job.... I guess being a 1 man show, I wear many hats at my job....I AM the IT department.

No one else has any idea how much their company spends???
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, it's too bad companies don't realize that even just a simple website can bring in a lot of business, that is if the information is current. Google is by far the #1 shopping mall for me icon_lol.gif

I'm a bit surprised only 1 response so far. Maybe you guys don't handle Internet advertising at your job.... I guess being a 1 man show, I wear many hats at my job....I AM the IT department.

No one else has any idea how much their company spends???

that makes 2 of us. Actually I think undomiel, yourself, and myself are all 'everything admins' at our jobs.

We have a website for our company (which I helped design and implement, so its not that grand :) ). I dont think it hasnt been changed so a small portion of info is a bit stale. We also have other forms of advertisement (mugs, golf shirts, lanyards, etc) Fortunately the bosses see the benefit of advertising and we have SOMETHING out there!

cost wise, I have a budget for everything for the year, and if we dont have any major projects, I say I would spend about 1/4 of the given budget at the MOST. Other than that we dont advertise on the web. I dont have exact numbers, Maybe the couple hundred dollars we spend on hosting services per year?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security