Passed the 70-620 exam

dabve3dabve3 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed this one with a 907. This was definitely the easiest Microsoft exam I have written. The questions were very brief. There were no elaborate scenarios like in some of the MCSE exams.

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah I wrote it today after reading the posts on the board here. Completely inappropriate to have it as a part of the MCITP: 2008 EA in my opinion. Half the questions were along the lines of:

Q. You want your computer to go to sleep when you close the lid. Do you:

A. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to MSN.com to see who won last nights hockey game
    B. Open Power Options and select "Adjust the display brightness", set the slider to maximum
    C. Create a folder called C:\PutTheComputerToSleepWhenICloseTheLid
    D. Open Power Options, click "Choose what closing the lid does" and select "Sleep"

Hmm... let me think about that one. icon_rolleyes.gif

Disclaimer: No, this was not an actual exam question! But I think you get the idea...
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A B and C. Do I win a cookie?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    royal wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/5ngqxz

(What, you expected a whole cookie?)
  • paulkantorpaulkantor Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also thought the exam was easy.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on passing the exam. Heading for the upgrade path to MCITP after this?
    royal wrote:
    Yup. Here you go.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • dabve3dabve3 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll probably look at the upgrade exams at some point. I am not in a big rush because my company probably won't upgrade for a couple of years. Some of the exams don't even have a Microsoft Press book available yet.
  • parrahparrah Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also passed 70-620 today ( 5-29-08 ) with a score of 792.

I have to ditto what you mrlink said about the exam 70-621 which fits into 70-620.

"I found the questions to be focused on wireless networking, Firewall rules, UAC, Group Policy. The choices were suprisingly obvious I thought, basically 3 possible XP answers with 1 actual Vista answer. alot of them were like that. Or 3 obviously wrong and 1 obviously right. Only 2 questions had exhibits."

I had a question about wireless projector as well as IE7 questions. A few were just like mrlink said obvious, you could easly pick out the right one by the process of elimination.

Parrah