Options

Preplogic

wheelywheely Member Posts: 105
Has anyone downloaded the free Preplogic practice exam from mcmcse.com? If so, how was it compared to the actual test?

Comments

• Options
    knekokneko Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've downloaded the test, but I haven't taken the actual test yet to be able to make a comparison on the presentation of material.

From what I've been able to tell from the material supplied, it appears to be somewhat decent with explainations for most of the questions, although it doesn't seem to cover the full extent of the objectives. This test also does not have any pratice sims from what I've been able to see (but can one really complain about this, seeing how it's free :) ). I honestly find the pratice tests on this site to be more along the lines of what I've come to expect as far as question structure from a Microsoft test. This practice test seems to have the questions in the style of the review questions at the end of the MS Press book, just not as wordy.

There is one question on this test, however, that I was not entirely thrilled with. It's a question having to do with the Task Manager. The question asked to select an option that Task Manager does not display, and the answer it gave was entirely incorrect. There are a few areas that the wording seemed a little off to me, but nothing major.

So even though I don't feel this test would really put you in gear for the actual test as far as question composition, I would still consider it a decent additional resource to use.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Personally I've used Preplogic for all my practice exams so for. A+, Network+, Security+, 70-270, 70-290....and I have yet to fail (knock on wood). I don't know how it's compared to others such as transcender, but it does the job for me.

I'm assuming the free download is just a demo version??? I've always paid for mine from preplogic.com and have had the full blown practice exam (200 some odd questions).
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    knekokneko Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is a demo version. They supply you with approximately 51 questions for the practice test and I believe the actual program interface is the same for all Preplogic practice tests. The other available tests are currently locked.

I haven't used the full package from Preplogic, so I wouldn't know if there is much of a difference in available content. I've checked out Transcender when I took the 270 exam, which seemed to be decent. Outside of that and the Preplogic demo, my experience with software from these practice test vendors is rather limited.