Dynamips for BCMSN?

rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
Hi Guys,

Im currently in the process of moving house, the place im staying at for the moment does not have enough room for me to setup all my switches....

I know dynamips is primarily meant to be a router emulator, but can it emulate any layer 3 switches that will allow me to do some lab work for the BCMSN??

cheers.
CCIE# 38186
showroute.net

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    No.

Save your switches (3 should be enough) and **** your routers in favor of dynamips if you're short on space.

The best it can emulate is a 16-port NM switch but those don't support all the features you will be tested on (i.e., I don't think it will let you trunk between modules in two virtual routers - well it will let you trunk the ports but they won't actually share VLAN tables - someone correct me here if a recent update has improved on this)
  • rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    dam... there really is no space. My computer is on the floor at the moment....

Oh well i will just persist with crappy boson until i move into my new place...

thanks
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Its too bad the Catalyst 2955T-12's aren't still around - or if the old ones weren't so damn expensive on eBay because they were awesome for space. I know when I worked in process control we had a few and they were seriously tiny!