Passed A+, Are these scores decent

stangmanstangman Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took both exams today, scored 760 on 601 Essentials and scored 850 on 602 IT Technician. :D wanted to score higher on 601 most of the questions seemed easy and between taking them both only 10 questions repeated themselves. In case any one asks, I'll answer it now, used Exam Cram exclusively and Mike Meyers along with the tech notes from here.

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats, as long as I pass I never sweat the exam score. What are you looking to do next?
    WIP: IPS exam
  • stangmanstangman Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. Going after MCDST 70-271 and 272. I will be taking 270 and 290 next term at WGU. Not sure after that, maybe Net + or Security +.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    good luck!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    Good stuff...my father in law says "the min wouldn't be the min if it wasn't good enough." Basically, don't worry about the scores if you pass! I know you hold yourself to a high standard, we all do on this site, but all you have to do is put that you passed on your resume, not what score you got.
    thanks, I do hold myself to a high standard. Just wanted to take a consensus if the scores were good, more of a personal thing.
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    In that case, they are definitely higher scores. It's difficult to say with CompTIA's exams because some of the questions you rate aren't even scored, so it's difficult to estimate how many you missed you know? How did you feel after you did the test? Do you feel like you knew more than your score reflected?
    yep. Some of the questions felt too easy making me feel like I over prepared, which I know can be scary. I personally was shooting for 800 on both. So with a split I guess it is all good. The scoring did throw me as I was trying to figure out how many I missed. I went back over the areas they said I missed questions on and I thought I did fairly well on them.
  • Wyn36Wyn36 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    stangman wrote:
    Thanks. Going after MCDST 70-271 and 272. I will be taking 270 and 290 next term at WGU. Not sure after that, maybe Net + or Security +.
    well done
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    stangman wrote:
    Took both exams today, scored 760 on 601 Essentials and scored 850 on 602 IT Technician. :D wanted to score higher on 601 most of the questions seemed easy and between taking them both only 10 questions repeated themselves. In case any one asks, I'll answer it now, used Exam Cram exclusively and Mike Meyers along with the tech notes from here.

Doesn't matter what the score is. If you passed...you passed.

Congratuations.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?