6 down 1 (or 2) to go

cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
Passed this guy today with an 810. 42 questions and 3 sims. I felt this was somewhat of a beefed up version of the 290. If I were going to run my track again I likely would have put this one closer to the 290. Plenty of questions on GPOs, OU structure, sites and trusts. Not as much FSMO as I expected but that is a good thing as I wasn't doing so hot with those on the practice tests for some reason. Plenty of reading on this one as well. I reread many questions and changed my answers due to small gotchas like DFL and FFL settings, and my answer's affect on replication.

Study materials were; MS Press 294, MS Press GP Guide, CBT Nuggets, Transcender, and Royal's sticky as well as the rest of the forum.

Next up is the 620 on the 30th and then it will be time to look at closing it up with the 298 and likely the 299 soon after.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cacharo wrote:
    Passed this guy today with an 810. 42 questions and 3 sims. I felt this was somewhat of a beefed up version of the 290. If I were going to run my track again I likely would have put this one closer to the 290. Plenty of questions on GPOs, OU structure, sites and trusts. Not as much FSMO as I expected but that is a good thing as I wasn't doing so hot with those on the practice tests for some reason. Plenty of reading on this one as well. I reread many questions and changed my answers due to small gotchas like DFL and FFL settings, and my answer's affect on replication.

Study materials were; MS Press 294, MS Press GP Guide, CBT Nuggets, Transcender, and Royal's sticky as well as the rest of the forum.

Next up is the 620 on the 30th and then it will be time to look at closing it up with the 298 and likely the 299 soon after.

congrats! good luck on the rest of it! Ill use this for motivation for studying.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    snadam wrote:
    Ill use this for motivation for studying.

When are you going to start spending all this motivation you are banking?

jk :P
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cacharo wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    Ill use this for motivation for studying.

jk :P

work in progress :)

its so damn hard for me to study again after 3+ months of studying...but im already into the first 293 book.
    with my goal of MCSE by end of the year, Im technically still on pace.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cacharo wrote:

SNAP!

Maybe he spends all his banked up motivation on his xbox like I do. I can easily expend a great deal of motivation on pwning noobs.

Congrats on the pass buddy. It sounds like you had a completely different test than I had. Mine was like 1/4 software deployment. It was irritating.

You'll find the Vista exam to be a breeze. I'd encourage you (and anyone else) to tack on 299 if you're going to do 298 for your design exam. Between 291, 293, and 298, there isn't much more information, and that security specialization will make you ultra sexy ;)
  • 1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
  • mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    Beefed up 290?! Noooooo. Why did you have to say that, i'm doing that one now and only passed 290 with a 700 lol icon_lol.gif

Well done btw.