Server 2008 Virtualization exam code (free) 71-652

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
http://blog.hznet.nl/2008/06/02/mcts-windows-server-virtualization-is-available-in-beta-71-652

Sign up while you can using the code on the page above and the exam is free, at least for a limited time, so do it fast!

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Thanks! I'm on for the 20th!

Now to balance studying for this with the 293. Hey and this means I can still make my one exam a month pacing!

Oh yeah and even more happy making about this one. The Dr. Geeks 1 block from my work and 4 blocks from home is now a Prometric testing center! I did all my CompTIA testing there. I'm really really really excited about this!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sweet!

Thanks Robert (I hadn't looked at my feeds yet and would have missed out on this one).

All confirmed. This will go wonderfully with my VCP. Hmm... maybe I need to do the CCA for XenServer next? ;)

23-Jun-2008 1:15 PM TS: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring ctc TrainCanada Microsoft 071-652
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/default.aspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/virtualization/default.mspx

If any one else has any suggestions, please post. Info is sparce. I highly suggest actually installing on a physical computer. Not going to get away with a VM for this one... Will be a good cert to have this is going to be a killer technology once it gets addopted.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Signed up. Please post more links if you find!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've got another resource for this exam.
    Course 6536: Implementing Hyper-V in Windows Server® 2008

And, since we're doing the test for free, why not do the training for free as well?
    One Microsoft e-Learning Course for Free

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Ha! I knew you were lurking somewhere around here, Tech. icon_lol.gif

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Silly question but have never taken a Beta, what happens in the event you pass?
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
    Sie wrote:

You have another certificate to impress the ladies with.
    The ladies can't get enough of my Hyper-V. . . it's huge.

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Hmmm.....

Only slot is two weeks and never touched the thing.... Possible?
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
    You have $0 to lose...
    Sie wrote:
    Hmmm.....

Only slot is two weeks and never touched the thing.... Possible?
    It'd be possible if the test was tomorrow. It's all about how much time you're going to be committing to passing the test. I'm pretty much in the same boat, but I'm about to have some free time on my hands. If I really don't feel ready, I'm fairly sure I can push it back by a week or two, even if I have to take the test at a different testing center.

Sie wrote:
    Usually you won't find out if you've passed or not until after the beta period. They look at all the exams, decide what questions to carry forward, what the minimum score is, etc, and then score you based on that.
    Slowhand wrote:
    The ladies can't get enough of my Hyper-V. . . it's huge.
    Yeah, but no one has ever seen it - outside of a "test" environment. My VI3's been deployed countless times, they can't stop writing/talking about it, and everyone comes out from a deployment completely satisfied.

icon_lol.gif
    Slowhand wrote:
    If I really don't feel ready, I'm fairly sure I can push it back by a week or two, even if I have to take the test at a different testing center.
    June 23rd is the last date to do the beta exam. After that you'll be out of luck, Prometric won't let you postpone it past then.
    astorrs wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:
    If I really don't feel ready, I'm fairly sure I can push it back by a week or two, even if I have to take the test at a different testing center.
    June 23rd is the last date to do the beta exam. After that you'll be out of luck, Prometric won't let you postpone it past then.
    Then I guess I'll get four days, at the most, to postpone it, rather than a week. Ah, well. The worst that'll happen is that I learn a bit about virtualization and I'm out $0.00 for the exam and the training.

That's why I set mine up for the 23rd. I'm not familiar with this technology at all, so I'm going to spend as much time with it as possible. That extra weekend may make all the difference for me. Plus, I'd rather go in and take it refreshed first thing on a Monday morning than do it at the middle or end of the work week.

I think I'm going to splurge and get the $40 training though. I'd spend that much on a book anyway.
    I wouldn't do the free e-learning course on that. It's only a $40 e-learning course. There are some courses that are several hundred dollars that I'd rather use the free e-learning course for.
    royal wrote:
    I wouldn't do the free e-learning course on that. It's only a $40 e-learning course. There are some courses that are several hundred dollars that I'd rather use the free e-learning course for.
    That's a very good point. Still, seeing as how the exam is free with the promo-code, paying $40 for the e-Learning isn't much of a sacrifice. Either way, it's all good stuff.

• SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Thanks guys, just signed up for the 19th.
    These beta exams are great, no pressure, nothing to loose, and possible certs on the end :D
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Are there any Sims on it? ;)

I'm signed up to take this test tomorrow. It was that or the 13th in my area.
    I'm scheduled for the 19th, but I'm going to see if I can get it pushed back to the 23rd, just to give me a little bit of extra time.

• JJbiggleJJbiggle Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I have the exam scheduled. What should be my plan of attack?
    What should I install? What material should I study?

j
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sucks...ill be out of town before I could get any studying done. icon_sad.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    snadam wrote:
    sucks...ill be out of town. icon_sad.gif

Quit making excuses. There's test centers where you're going, and there's no reason you can't sneak away for an hour or two.
    JJbiggle wrote:
    Well I have the exam scheduled. What should be my plan of attack?
    What should I install? What material should I study?

j
    Read through the thread, there's been several study resources posted. All have been free, so far.

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    snadam wrote:

Quit making excuses. There's test centers where you're going, and there's no reason you can't sneak away for an hour or two.

yea but if I do take this thing on our vacation , my wife would be royally PISSED off....On second thought, let me look at some test centers...icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    snadam wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    snadam wrote:

yea but if I do take this thing on our vacation , my wife would be royally PISSED off....on second though, let me look at some test centers...icon_lol.gif

You can rationalize any IT time/money expenditure to your significant other with the simple equation:
    more certs = more money = more things you can go shopping for

She'll never even notice you're gone.