Conquered the nasty 70-291 today

HandyManHandyMan Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got this one on the first try. It was a hard exam and I studied for a long time for it, but still only got 763. Still, it's a pass and I really would have hated to have to go through all that study material again.
Only one simulation question (MX records). I expected more. A couple of questions I had absolutely no idea on. Never seen the items they mentioned in anything I'd read.
I used MS Press (2004 edition) mainly, with virtual servers running in a test environment.
On to 70-293 now. I hear it's easier. Will be celebrating tonight no doubt. Well, a beer anyway.
Good luck if you've got this one to do.

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations on your pass! It does seem like most people score only 1 sim on this exam. I'm sure if there was more it would be easier. Unless of course they made more difficult sims. Or more poorly worded sims.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    congrats on the pass!
    Dustin Leefers
  • 1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Congratulations on the pass :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • yoyogiyoyogi Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    C O N G R A T S!

I hope I'm doing the right thing. I'm taking the 70-291 as my first Exam..I've gone really far and can't look back now. can u actually RUN--- arp -a clientipaddress on a DHCP server to get a client's MAC address or ipconfig instead I saw that in sprkymrk's answer explanation.

Are 100% of the questions troubleshoot questions? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. Don't feel too bad, though; I don't remember what my exact score was, but it wasn't out of the 700-range. You'll reinforce a lot of the things you learned, as well as re-learn the things that may not have clicked, as you move into studying for the 70-293.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.