Options

Under the advice of Beaver32 I bought some books...

GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
I'm starting prep for SQL 2005 70-431.

I checked out Beaver32's post and I purchased WRox's Beginning SQL 2005 Programming and also MS 70-431 PRESS book. I also decided not to sell myself short and I purchased the WRox SQL 2005 Administration book.

So far I have been impressed with all the material.

Thank you for the posts and I look forward to posting here in the next few months.

Hopefully we can frequent this forum more often and share our collective intelligence, or lack thereof, or both....hehehe

Goldmember
CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Goldmember wrote:
    I'm starting prep for SQL 2005 70-431.

I checked out Beaver32's post and I purchased WRox's Beginning SQL 2005 Programming and also MS 70-431 PRESS book. I also decided not to sell myself short and I purchased the WRox SQL 2005 Administration book.

So far I have been impressed with all the material.

Thank you for the posts and I look forward to posting here in the next few months.

Hopefully we can frequent this forum more often and share our collective intelligence, or lack thereof, or both....hehehe

Goldmember

good luck on that one! SQL has always interested me. Did you ever end up taking 291? I know we were both studying at the same time for it; just didnt hear anything about it for a while now.

either way, good luck on the SQL stuff!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Whoa, when I first saw my username on a thread topic title I was a bit worried maybe I did something wrong :)

Good luck with 70-431, I found it to be one of the more enjoyable certs to study for (minus the XML topics). I will be happy to provide as much insight as you would like, so just let us know if there are any questions.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I got the MS Press and Beginning Programming books as well, and the Exam Cram. Beginning Programming is by far the better read, MS Press has good practice...I dont care for the EC book on this one.
  • Options
    GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    Sorry about the shock of seeing your name Beaver32, but I knew I would get a response from you, which I might need in the future to pass this exam.

Also, I haven't taken 291 yet. I might take the exam in the future. The SQL Server 2005 exam really struck a chord and its necessary to get my IT degree.

Here is a quick questions about Database Mail...should I worry about stored procedures for the exam? The MS Press book uses stored procedures to setup the DB Mail profiles....???

Thanks in advance
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had a few questions on stored procedures, but none relating to database mail. Definitely study how to set up database mail via SSMS, and also familiarize yourself with the stored procedure...but I wouldn't spend time memorizing the exact sequence of commands.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)