Options

security+ 2008

dkeaysdkeays Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just received an email about taking the new Security+ and possibly getting recertified.

Has anybody tried the new Security+ yet?

Is there a need to recertify on Security+?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I got the same email, (the link to the actual story is here). As with all CompTIA exams, the certification you take never expires, and does not need to be retaken, even when there are updates.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    dkeaysdkeays Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know COMPTIA certificates never expire but that doesn't mean others ignore the age of a certification. I've had more than one potential employers ask me what year I got my A+. If being a hardware technician was my main target I would get recertified in A+ even though I technically don't need to.

Right now I have to think about what participating would get me. My market niche is web development with an emphasis on security so a security cert that pulls more weight would be more desirable.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CompTIA certs are entry-level certs, so I think most people either move on to more complex material or choose a different career. They don't seem to have a lot of renewal value. It seems like you're in a unique area though. You might want to look at the CIW certs: http://www.ciwcertified.com/