Exchange cluster setup in vmware server

indyguyindyguy Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
guys, im trying to setup a cluster in vmware server, once the initial setupis complete and
when i try to setup the the other node, it fails to detect the quorum disk and the 2nd network adapter
and also states that system has multiple dns records
server- 1 - has 2 disks 2 nic with pvt and public ip address and by the way i am on chapter 6 of exchange
and i am trying to do the cluster setup as mentioned in this chapter

guys any help would be greatly appreciated, im stuck on this for ages....

can any of u exchange gurus tell me how did they get through this cluster chapter
wat setup hardware they used for this chapter

thanks

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    With the VMs powered off, make sure you add a scsi adapter to your VMs (use IDE disks for the local disks as it will be simpler, but the shared disks need to be scsi).

Create a scsi disk to be shared between the VMs. Add the disk to both VMs.

Add the following lines to the VMX files (you can open them in notepad) for each of the VMs in the cluster:

diskLib.dataCaheMaxSize = “0”
    disk.locking = "false"
    scsi<x>.sharedBus = "virtual"

(where scsi<x> is the scsi bus id, e.g., "scsi1")

Now you can power them on and start the Microsoft clustering wizard.

Have a look at the manual if you want more details about this (first 3 links): http://pubs.vmware.com/server1/admin/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=admin&file=ha_configs_gsx.html#1000073
  • indyguyindyguy Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thank you for your help mate ... really appreciate it ... will give it a try and let u know how i get on with it .. cheers
  • indyguyindyguy Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    astorrs wrote:
    With the VMs powered off, make sure you add a scsi adapter to your VMs (use IDE disks for the local disks as it will be simpler, but the shared disks need to be scsi).

diskLib.dataCaheMaxSize = “0”
    disk.locking = "false"
    scsi<x>.sharedBus = "virtual"

(

Hi Astor,

u know how u mentioned one if the disks should be ide( i think ur refering to the os disk) i have mine installed on a scsi disk, .... tried ur setup but the clluster setup for adding nodes still cant find the quorum disk, not sure what i am doing wrong .... i have the shared scsi disk on chanel 1.0 on both the vms ... diskLib.dataCaheMaxSize = “0” and this line you have mentioned doesnt appear to be in vmlibrary link u sent me .. tried it with that line and without the line doesnt make a difference ... pls help