Passport Book

cashewcashew Member Posts: 122 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've read reviews from various sites on peoples experience with the CISSP. A common study path seems to be the AIO 4th (which I have) and the Mike Meyers passport. I only have a few questions about the Passport I was hoping someone could answer.

- The most current version was published in 2002, has anyone heard of an update on the horizon?

- The book is $89, any reason why this is so much? The AIO is 1200 pages and I paid $50, this one is 400 pages?

Thanks

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The size of a book is not the only factor in determining its price. I did a search for the Mike Meyers CISSP Passport book at www.addall.com and found it for as low as $31US. But I don't see an edition of it later than 2002, so you might way to buy the Official (ISC)2 CISSP Study Guide instead.
  • cashewcashew Member Posts: 122 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    The size of a book is not the only factor in determining its price. I did a search for the Mike Meyers CISSP Passport book at www.addall.com and found it for as low as $31US. But I don't see an edition of it later than 2002, so you might way to buy the Official (ISC)2 CISSP Study Guide instead.

Hey JD, your review of Shons AIO 4th helped me with my decision to purchase the book. My usual strategy for preparing to sit an exam is the official book, test labs (although I should not need one for this), CBT's ,exam cram style book, and finally practice tests.

With the granularity and scope which Shon covers, is it necessary to include the official? The 4th edition is dated more recent than the official. I like the idea of reading a big detailed book and carrying the mini with me everywhere I go to stay sharp (public transit, morning commute, etc.).
    The CISSP "Gold Book" is written by the same organization that wrote the CISSP exam, so I would assume that it's even more accurate than AIO. No one book covers all of the possible topics you may encounter on the CISSP exam, so it's best to have multiple sources of information.

If you haven't already seen it, have a look at the CISSP Exam Overview Flash presentation at cccure.org.
    So 5 years experience in 2 domains. I have my MCSE and Sec+ so 4 in my case. Is that 5 years in 2 or a total of 5 years within 2?

Example:

1) 2 years experience 1 domain and 2 years experience in 1 domain.

or

2) 4 years experience 1 domain and 4 years experience in 1 domain.
    For very specific questions about the requirements of the (ISC)2 certifications, it's best to email the (ISC)2 directly at registrar@isc2.org and ask.
    The reason the price is soo high on the passport is because it's no longer in print.