New Job

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
Yes Sir, I received a job offer for a Systems Administrator managing a Win2003/exchange server, VPN, 100 local users and 2500 Ethernet ports at 3 off site locations from 3 T3's...They offered to pay for my certs, training and school (if I wanted it) and they mentioned me learning Cisco and all the hardware & software is new...I would be under an IT Director that is really cool...I'm just nervous about moving jobs and quitting a secure job as a systems admin in this lovely economy but I also know what a H$%l of a opportunity it is. I guess I got to put on the old poker face and play.

Comments

• jasoninazjasoninaz Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also get everything in writing. What do they expect from you?

What hours are you keeping? Are you on call? If you on call do you get on call pay?

What is the milage that they pay for your car.

Can I get a company car?

How about paying for my highspeed data so that I can VPN into the work site.

Also if your going to let me go what release package should I expect if any?

Healthcare? (You married?) What does the healthcare look like? If it sucks than think long and hard about it. Childcare? How about IRA and stocks?

These are real questions. BTW, I would expect the low 60s
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Well good luck on your decision! Congrats on the job offer
  • xeviousxevious Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great news!

Did you go through an agency or did you do it on your own?

Sounds like a super opportunity - congrats to ya!!!!

-Xevious
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NICE MAN!!! Go for it...hey let me know if they have another position open....lol Them paying for your school is a big PLUS right there. School cost these days is out of control.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!!!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I decided to go ahead and do it, I was having a hard time conviencing myself it was a good decision considering where I work now said they could help me out and raise pay, but ultimately they said they cannot afford to match that pay...So it is what it is..
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Change N it up a tad! Alright! Good luck
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, garv221!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • bjuarbebjuarbe Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    garv221 by anychance are you going to be needing a junior admin? icon_wink.gif
    Theres JUSToneBOBBY!
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    garv221 by anychance are you going to be needing a junior admin? icon_wink.gif

If we do, I will let know! :D
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I've cleaned up this post and removed the irrelevant nonsense and the user responsible for it.

Please, do not feed the :monkey:s
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Thank you ever so much!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki