List of people who've passed the MCP exam!!

PunkyPunky Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a list of people who have passed the MCP exam?

We've had a new guy start at work who claims he has an MCP, but he knows very little and I think he's just bluffing his way through. I've mentioned this to my boss but he's not really interested as it says so on his CV. So apart from asking him to prove it, is there any way I can find out.

Cheers.... :)

Comments

• pmannpmann Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I dont think there is a public list that anyone can look at.

Ask the guy to set transcript sharing on his MCP account with an access code, then you can use his MCP number and the access code to verify his credentials.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Punky wrote:
    Was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a list of people who have passed the MCP exam?

We've had a new guy start at work who claims he has an MCP, but he knows very little and I think he's just bluffing his way through. I've mentioned this to my boss but he's not really interested as it says so on his CV. So apart from asking him to prove it, is there any way I can find out.

Cheers.... :)

I agree with the other poster....ask to see his transcript...if you really want to know. And just because he doesn't know what your asking does not mean he is not an MCP....To get an MCP all you have to do is pass a Microsoft test....so he could have taken a security test...or an os test....or even a programming test.....Also, I have seen plenty of people that really have their MCSEs and have problems with simple tasks...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    And I agree with Ten9t6, ask to see proof. I have also meet people with MSCEs that have trouble...Everyones human.
  • orissaorissa Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    garv221 wrote:
    And I agree with Ten9t6, ask to see proof. I have also meet people with MSCEs that have trouble...Everyones human.

I agree garv221 concern. The new employee punky's organization hired, may may MCP may be not. But if he is real MCP that does not mean he can perform job 100%. Everything comes from experince here in IT world.

I have seen a IT CEO fired his Network Manager because he always complaining about new hire, "he is not jo perfectly, he do not lots of stuff"

The CEO told him look they all new, It is your job to trained them properly. If they are not doing their properly that means thay are not learned the job 100%, and you will be fired not they becase, you do not have the capability to trained them.

I wish good luck to that nice CEO.

Tks

orissa
    Nothing is impossible in this IT world.
  • sab4yousab4you Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If he really is a MCP he will have the card and certificiate. If this was a selling point for his hire, he should have produced it in hirign process.

If he doesnt know what he is doing, that definately doesnt mean he is/isnt a MCP. Anybody can get braindumps and/or cram the test and pass it. Further, its a single test thats pretty much cake walk. For all you know he took the Win XP test or another fairly simple one.

In my travels I have dealt with MCSE's who were complete morons and didnt know what they were doing. I find many people force themselves into computers and the industry thinking they can make good money. They are not good with computers and it doesnt come naturally to them, but they still have the certification to backup their 'knowledge'.

Trying to pursue if he really has a MCP or not really doesnt proof anything. If he doesnt know what he is doing, he doesnt know either way if he has MCP or not. Hopefully his actions and skill levels will be noticed by his managers, and if he is a clown he gets noticed quickly and removed before he makes too much mistakes and headaches for ya/
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Why do you have to deliberate over such a trivial thing. An MCP isn't the end of the world, and if you guys don't like his performance, sack him.

Man these days, companies have access to hundreds of unemployed people who have technical certifications --really good ones, like CCNP, and there's no point you should be uneasy about getting the right person to do the job --unless you guys are stationed in the arctic icon_lol.gif .

Just say the magic word and you'll get a dozen proffesionals at your door. Just make sure you hire somebody who knows what he's doing... and that means you must know what you want to be done.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.