I am so lost!!!!

LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
Ok, so I am really confused on where to even start--- If any of you have ever read over any CCIE blue prints it is alot to take in... Its all good to look over it and say I know that but to really sit down and go over everything is daunting....

I think my best bet will be to just go take the written and give my self a base line of where I am and what I need to work on...

I passed all my ccvp test's with nothing less then a 958... So I would like to think I know one or two things... but really I am reading over this blue print and just really lost... Any one that has gone down the long road of CCIE and has any experience on how to start studding.. I would love to hear your story, if nothing else to give me a little direction or confidence... thanks
The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Lab Blueprint is clearer than the Written Blueprint about Call Manager Express, Unity Express -- those are mentioned in one line at the top of the Written Exam Blueprint page.

Before you "baseline" the written, focus some time on the topics you'll need for the CCIE that were "glossed over" or ignored in the CCVP. Spend some time on the express products -- then work some Unity magic -- and hit up some IP IVR and IPCC and whatever funky stuff they snuck into the Written Blueprint..

Since there isn't a Cisco Press Exam Certification Guide for the CCIE Voice -- like there is for R&S and Security -- you might want to get Rob Webber's CCIE Voice Written Study Guide (off of eBay) or the NLI (ccbootcamp) CCIE Voice Written Study Guide. You can use that to guide your initial review/preparation for the Written Exam and to help determine what "new stuff" you should spend some additional time learning. After that, the blueprint should be more manageable -- and then you should have enough information to make an informed decision when to schedule the Written.

It looks like you can buy a legal copy of the IEMentor Cisco CCIE Vice Lab Workbook Version 2.0 on eBay. While it's mostly hands on Technology Labs (with 2 "Master Labs" as Labs 27 and 28 ) -- you could page through that and pick out technologies you didn't see on the CCVP. That may give you an "upper boundary" on the new stuff you need to study and learn. Plus I like their lab layout diagram. :D

While it is a daunting task to get started -- the trick is to pick anything useful and just start. Then the 2nd trick is to keep making progress towards your goal.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    And this is why I am such a fan of TE... Thanks Mike..

Side note... I know I can run IPCC express (onbox) but I have no idea how I am going to get my hands on a IPCC enterprise box... Man I am going to have to do something... I know cisco's new cool licenses allows a lot of stuff to be downloaded but not too sure about the IPCC...

Once again thanks for your help.
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just go point by point down the blueprint. Print it out and tape it to your wall. If you've gotten through the CCVP you more than likely have a good set of study resources that can answer most of the blueprint. What you don't have resources for the DocCD can answer. Also check out groupstudy. There's a small contingency of CCIE Voice people there.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
    Paul Boz that is how I stared out but et is a little daunting to look at that list and even breaking it up is kinda hard... But I registered at groupstudy and am currently looking through it trying to find people aswell. Thanks
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It can be daunting at first but as you highlight topics you've gone over, that list really starts to dwindle :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This book http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587053330

is a good study guide for the written.

And at the least, it would be a good launch pad for further studies.
    So I picked up Rob Webber's book off e-bay... That is a good book for $30. ... I also go my hands on the IEmentor lab book. I have been working through those for a while... But if any one is wondering where to start I would pick up the Rob Webber book and just start picking it apart for things you are not that strong in..