Looking for some advice

ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
Hi,

I plan to start studying for the CCNA in a few weeks and want to have it by the end of the year...

I've been reading up on the MCDST and think it is very in line with my current role.

I do end user support for office staff and out of office sales guys.

Torubleshooting XP application problems.
Removing, installing, upgrading software.
Rebuilding XP machines.
Setting up email accounts on the user end.

etc.

What I want to know is,

About how long it would take to complete these two exams if you were studying just them for 15-20 hours per week?

Do you think I could study for the CCNA and these exams together and about how long do you think it would take?

I am studying for the CCNA because it will help in my current role in the future when I eventually will be given access to networking equipment. Also, I want to move into a Cisco specific role in the future.

I'm interested in the MCDST because I think it would help me with my current role.

Cheers.
"There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    As for the MCDST:

It depends what experience you have on Windows products already but I would say around 1 1/2 to two weeks for each exam if your putting that much time in per week and have previous experience. They are not exceptionally difficult exams just put in the time and you'll be fine :D

Personally I would do one set of exams and then the next, less confusion!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Cheers Sie.

Might focus on the MCDST and then move onto CCNA.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"