Options

I passed I passed I passed

unclejohnnyunclejohnny Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed 271 today. I passed 272 at the beginning of the month. I'm glad I'm past that. I feel that 271 was more difficult than 272.

I guess I'll start studying for 290 and 291. Might get 621 for the upgrade too, any thoughts on that?
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." Willy Wonka

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You'll need to get 270 or 620 in there eventually if you want your MCSA. You should probably do 270 now while the material is fresh in your mind or just study for 620 and 621 simultaneously. The latter will get you your upgrade, an MCTS, and fulfill your client OS requirement for your MCSA.

Congratulations on the pass and your MCDST icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man....woah dynamik...you've hit 3000 posts icon_lol.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    dynamik wrote:
    You'll need to get 270 or 620 in there eventually if you want your MCSA.
    Im not 100%, someone may want to fact check this...but I remember reading that 621 will suffice for 620 in all cases.
  • Options
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx

620, 710, or 210 (2000 Pro, now retired) are the only acceptable options for the client OS requirement. The MCDST will qualify as an elective, but it looks like they haven't added 621 yet (not sure if they ever will).
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-621.mspx

"Note Exam 70-621 can be used as credit for any certification requiring Exam 70-620: TS: Windows Vista, Configuring, as a required or elective exam. In other words, Exam 70-621 satisfies the Exam 70-620 requirement in all cases."

================

To me, that says if you have 621, that counts as your client exam.
  • Options
    Interesting. There's no mention of that on the MCSA or MCSE pages.

You should probably contact them and confirm that you can use it for those. However, the quote (which also appears on the 620 page) does say "in all cases," so this looks like the ideal path to take if you're an MCDST.

Thanks for the correction/information Brad :D