Options

Do I have to apply for MSCA designation?

I have passed my 70-291 exam yesterday and 70-291 is on my Microsoft transcript today.

I have taken 3 Microsoft exams (70-290, 70-270 and 70-291) and one optional (A+ and Network+).

That should meet the requirements for MSCA yet my Credential only states MCP.

Do I have apply for the MSCA designation somewhere on the Microsoft website?

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Have you transfered the CompTIA certs to Microsoft yet? Do they show up on your Microsoft transcript?
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    astorrs wrote:
    Have you transfered the CompTIA certs to Microsoft yet? Do they show up on your Microsoft transcript?
    yeah, you gotta transfer your comptia stuff over, after that there isn't anything to do really.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    astorrs wrote:

I have already transfered my CompTIA certification before I took and passed my 70-291.

UPDATE: I checked today on Saturday and it seemed there was a delay. My transcript now states that that I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator. :)
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Gundamtdk wrote:
    astorrs wrote:

I have already transfered my CompTIA certification before I took and passed my 70-291.

UPDATE: I checked today on Saturday and it seemed there was a delay. My transcript now states that that I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator. :)

I have found that cumulative certifications take longer to show on transcripts. I had taken 271, 270, 290 and 291 and then took the 272. First 272 showed up. A few hours later MCDST, about 5 hours later MCSA. On a weekend it might take a bit longer.
  • Options
    vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you. I just passed my 291 yesterday (14th) and I too have the same certs (270, 290, 291, A+ and Network+). In fact, I logged in today just to find out if Microsoft still recognized the A+ and Net+ combo toward MCSA 2003. I couldn't find it on their website. I did find the Security+ as being accepted. Man it feels good to get the 291 done.
    Certified Lunatic.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Gundamtdk wrote:
    I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator. :)
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    vsmith3rd wrote:
    Congrats to you. I just passed my 291 yesterday (14th) and I too have the same certs (270, 290, 291, A+ and Network+). In fact, I logged in today just to find out if Microsoft still recognized the A+ and Net+ combo toward MCSA 2003. I couldn't find it on their website. I did find the Security+ as being accepted. Man it feels good to get the 291 done.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/partners.mspx

A+ and Net+ combo is the first listed. Make sure you visit this link

http://certification.comptia.org/mcsa/default.aspx

if you have not transfrred the A+ and Net+, vsmith3rd.