just passed today!!!!

luhnyluhny Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well it was not that bad of test. What really suprised me was that only 1 IRQ was asked and no DMA or I/O address or even anything about cpu's.

But i do have a question what is the difference in LVD and SE SCSI?

Comments

• istgirlistgirl Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you!!!
    Tech Support Tip #2: When the support agent says "Click...", wait for the rest of the sentence.

Hot Tip #3: Be sure to turn it on before calling technical support.
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Congrats...What kind info was asked to you?
  • LexxLexx Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you.

The main difference between the two bus mode is that LVD have no common ground between each communication line (two wire per line working in differential mode); SE have a common grounding for all communication line (one wire for reference ground common to all line, and one wire for signal for each communication line).
    Please correct me if I'm wrong

One day I'll try that test.
  • jasoninazjasoninaz Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BOOOOO YEAHHHHH

Great Job.
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Good job on your a+ ...i take the test aug 16th and i was wondering what they focused on the most? Every little bit helps. Good job and thanks
    -Mike
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • luhnyluhny Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    they did aske me about some code errors. Just 2 questions. Few SCSI questions. It really wasnt a bad test
  • orissaorissa Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation !!! New Certs.

orissa
    Nothing is impossible in this IT world.
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • KatanaSamKatanaSam Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    luhny wrote:
    Well it was not that bad of test. What really suprised me was that only 1 IRQ was asked and no DMA or I/O address or even anything about cpu's.

I only had one IRQ question as well. And it didn't even ask which IRQ, just something along the lines of 'which of these devices doesn't use an IRQ?' No DMA channels. No I/O addresses. Of course if you don't memorize them then you'll likely get lots of questions on them...lol.
  • mikeskjrmikeskjr Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the test yesterday and passed as well. I have to agree it was not that bad except for a couple of questions. They seemed to focus more on basic troubleshooting scenarios. One question I was wondering about was ... If you added an ATAPI cdrom as slave under your ATA100 Hardrive as master.... What would this do for your system.
    Increase in cdrom performance
    Increase in hardrive performance
    Decrease in cdrom performance
    Decrease in hardrive performance

I should problably know this.. but unfortunatly I dont. Have always put my hardrives together and my cdroms together. No question is a dumb question right? icon_rolleyes.gif lol