Special Announcement...This just in.

vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
I slayed the beast. :D

(Although it nearly slayed me.) icon_sad.gif

I didn't properly prepare. Not because I didn't try, but because I was extremely distracted and unfocused. That makes for a very tough combination when looking to sit for the 291. I only glossed over IPSec, didn't study any WSUS (Only had SUS material available) and kinda rushed through RRAS. I did spend a good deal on DNS, DHCP, and IP Addressing. A quarter of the way through the test, I was getting really bummed because I felt like I didn't know the material. I had to skip and go back at the end. Fortunately, as I went back, I realized that I did know that stuff, but I just didn't have the strongest command. Its a horrible feeling to go into an exam feeling unprepared, and it adds anxieties to the mix. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Please learn from my mistakes.

Well, I passed anyway, and I know what weaknesses I need to address going forward. Man, that minute or so from the end of the exam, to the results screen seemed to take forever. Anyway, its off to the 293 and CCNA for me (while addressing some 291 opportunities for improvement). I'll just have to get my focus back, and end my distractions. Thanks everyone at TE for all of your help, support and knowledge sharing.
Certified Lunatic.

Comments

• AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    vsmith3rd wrote:
    Well, I passed anyway, and I know what weaknesses I need to address going forward.

And that's the key. Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
  • DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job. You did know your stuff and you proved it by passing.
    The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age
  • amidamaruamidamaru Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Slaying the beast is a wonderful thing ;)...I think the right way is to know what must be improved for the future not necessarily to be the best in every technical aspects of the 291.

From my point of view is very difficult to have the same affinities for every chapter of the 291 study material...almost impossible for an earthling.

Even so, the next professional experience over you will focus on will determine the brain to forget the unnecessary things from his point of view :)
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations icon_exclaim.gif
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops