UNIX certificate??

tkaadoutkaadou Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Would anybody know of any UNIX certifcate?(something like compTIA Linux+ for example)
...any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think IBM (AIX) and HP have UNIX certs.

You might want to look into Sage for a basic UNIX cert, but i'm not positive.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • clusterdkidclusterdkid Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There is Sun Certified Systems Administrator, Sun Certified Network Administrator, Linux Professions Institue Level 1 & 2, Red Hat has 2, RHCT and RHCE, Novel/SuSE Linux is coming soon. There are a bunch more out there too. Like ajs1976 said there also is AIX and HP-UX certs. Don't waste your time on HP-UX. It is being phased out.
    I have seen the dark side of the Moon. It was a little bright.
  • tkaadoutkaadou Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So do you recommend a UNIX or LINUX certificate(if I have to choose one).

This is a summary of situation:
    I'm looking for systemd admin job.
    I have experience with NOVELL and Windows and limited experience with UNIX. No experience whatsoever with LINUX.

Thanks for the info... I really appreciate it.
    God bless!
  • clusterdkidclusterdkid Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It is hard to choose one or the other. Large shops have both setups. Since you know Novell go with linux. Novell it going to release all of its services for Linux. Companies looking to upgrade from Netware are going to be running Linux soon. After learning Linux, there are not many more things you need to learn Unix. Hope this helps.
    I have seen the dark side of the Moon. It was a little bright.
  • tkaadoutkaadou Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much for your advice!!
  • tljohnsntljohnsn Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    O'Reilly endorses a Linux certificate offered through the University of Illinois/Useractive. It is a four course series and allows you to have root access on a machine administrated by them.

http://learninglab.oreilly.com

Trent