Options

Friday 13th?....Whatever

baconfacebaconface Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Some may say sitting an exam on this date is bad luck.....well for me that a load of faecal matter :D

I passed 1st time with 794.

How I managed to pass it I'll never know, I was trying my hardest to learn subnetting but I was struggling even using the techexam resources. My grade sheet was evenly balanced, I even aced the RRAS section. I guess I must have been taking it all in :o

The exam was pretty horrdendous, it took me 3hrs 15mins to work through 47 questions. I had 1 simulation which was a breeze but the questions I faced were pretty long and took a while to understand what the hell was going on.

The amount of questions were based on DNS, DHCP, RRAS as expected, I even had around 3 WSUS questions.

I used the MS Press book, CBT Nuggets TechExams resources and PrepLogic to see me through.

To the other people that have sat this, did you have any difficulty in the drag and drop questions? I made a comment to the test centre and left comments on the exam itself. I was pretty annoyed as the boxes were blank and the only way to see them was to slightly drag them. God knows how many times I clicked on 'reset' to make sure I was placing them in the right boxes.

Anyway, 3/4 MCSA'd. Time for some 70-283 action!

Simon

Comments

• Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Well done man! 794 is a good score sure.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congrats! I didn't have any real problems with my exam except in the drag and drops every time I dragged an item over to drop when I was over the drop area a mouseover kept telling me false. It was a little disconcerting at first but I learned to ignore it.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Thanks to everyone else at TE, a place like this is great whilst studying :)
  • Options
    unclejohnnyunclejohnny Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How many drag and drop questions did you guys have on the test? I think those types of questions terrify me the most.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." Willy Wonka
  • Options
    How many drag and drop questions did you guys have on the test? I think those types of questions terrify me the most.

I had 2 and they both related to IP addressing
  • Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    To the other people that have sat this, did you have any difficulty in the drag and drop questions?

I had no issues with the drag and drop questions. The questions I had related to IP addressing and DNS.
  • Options
    amidamaruamidamaru Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Study harder for the 70-291 me too...

It pretty hard one and I need to take a look twice over study docs because of the enormous knowledge quantity.

Anyway...congrats for the pass ;)
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Congrats! Just passed mine with a 747 - a beast indeed!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.