Purchasing Vocuhers

kagelinkkagelink Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm 15 and planning to take the A+ certification and need to know if a person(mom) can purchase the voucher then I could use it.

Comments

• jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    icon_lol.gif

I don't believe there is any age consent for purchasing a voucher.

But I don't understand why you would want to try and receive your A+ certification if you can not legally use it. Most jobs that will require or would like there employee to have the certificate, normally will only hire persons age 18 and above.

If I was you I would be focusing on my high school grades. Although they don't mean much later on in your life, they mean a lot for getting into a University with some nice scholarships.

Better of luck :D
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    jryantech wrote:

If I was you I would be focusing on my high school grades. Although they don't mean much later on in your life, they mean a lot for getting into a University with some nice scholarships.

1) Its summertime
    2) Discouraging him from it is ridiculous. It's good for life...so he wont have to worry about it later on.
    brad- wrote:
    jryantech wrote:

1) Its summertime
    2) Discouraging him from it is ridiculous. It's good for life...so he wont have to worry about it later on.

I'm not discouraging anyone...
    I was talking about his High School grades not Certifications.

By the time he is 18 I'm sure they will have a newer version of the test, that will be more tuned to what he should know when getting into the field.

I can not believe you attacked me... icon_rolleyes.gif

• vistalavistavistalavista Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jryantech wrote:
    icon_lol.gif

But I don't understand why you would want to try and receive your A+ certification if you can not legally use it. Most jobs that will require or would like there employee to have the certificate, normally will only hire persons age 18 and above.

Please check your facts before disseminating wrong information. A+ qualifies you to work at places like Geek Squad and they don't require you to be 18.
    jryantech wrote:
    icon_lol.gif

Please check your facts before disseminating wrong information. A+ qualifies you to work at places like Geek Squad and they don't require you to be 18.

Yes I apologize for that he could get a job at GeekSquad at a younger age ~16

But to be fair the chances of that is very slim. But as long as his High School grades are fine, I don't see a problem with starting the certificates.

I'm just stressing that he shouldn't put certifications ahead of his school work. And no, I'm not saying he is doing that.

• whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
    kagelink wrote:
    Hi, I'm 15 and planning to take the A+ certification and need to know if a person(mom) can purchase the voucher then I could use it.

To answer the original question. There shouldn't be a problem.

If you go through the Exam Vouchers link on the side of this website they have a FAQ on the subject of how to pay. You could place the order and then have your financier, parent, call and pay for the voucher with their card.

https://www.getcertify4less.com/page.asp?pageID=1439#3006