CISSP testing locations

5frostys5frostys Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm trying to find a testing location in Phoenix, AZ for the CISSP.

I went to the site and did a search, but as you can see there's no location info: https://webportal.isc2.org/Custom/ExamsListView.aspx?month=0&type=1&city=Phoenix&state=AZ&country=United%20States

I also searched this forum, but didn't see it either.

Little help out there?...

Thanks,

Frosty

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Hi there fellow Phoenix resident. Going to your link I see a listing for September 20th, 2008. It looks like it lets you register for the CISSP exam. Am I misunderstanding the question?
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think he's looking for the exact address.

They're pretty good with communications, so give them a call or shoot them an email.

You might want to go ahead and register for it if that date works for you though. I think they only stop by most places once or twice a year, and many people have to fly out to a testing center. I think it's safe to say that any place in your city is going to be closer than it will be if you schedule it later on.
  • 5frostys5frostys Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote:
    Hi there fellow Phoenix resident. Going to your link I see a listing for September 20th, 2008. It looks like it lets you register for the CISSP exam. Am I misunderstanding the question?

I was looking for detailed time and location info.

I need to submit paperwork for vacation time and I want to mapquest where I'm going.

Thanks,
    Frosty
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Ah, my mistake! Apparently I'm blonde this morning. Then I would just say the same advice as dynamik.

This is now tempting me to see if I can sign up for the CISSP associate.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    On the registration page there should be a link to the Web site of (ISC)2 affiliate administering the exam where you will find details of the exam location. The typical times for the CISSP exam are registration starting at 8AM, the exam starting at 9AM, and it will end at 3PM.
    JDMurray wrote:
    On the registration page there should be a link to the Web site of (ISC)2 affiliate administering the exam where you will find details of the exam location. The typical times for the CISSP exam are registration starting at 8AM, the exam starting at 9AM, and it will end at 3PM.

Really glad I found this site.

I appreciate your assistance!

Frosty
    5frostys wrote:
    Really glad I found this site.

I appreciate your assistance!
    Glad to have you on board! :D

Please post about your CISSP testing adventure one day. And be sure to read my blog posting about the SSCP exam. It's really the same experience for all (ISC)2 exams.
    I'm seeing a few training solution vendors that also provide the CISSP testing.

Have any of you gone this route?

Other than the obvious expense of $2500+ anybody care to share your opinions / experiences regarding training & testing vs. self-study & testing?

Thanks,
    Frosty
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You won't get the exact location or time of the exam until 21, 7, and 3 days out. This is done for security reasons. You'll only get what city it will be hosted.
  • nangananga Member Posts: 201
    Once you get registered you shall receive an email confirming your registration with your ISC ID#. The same mail or a differnet mail would suggest the exact venue and time. ( time is usually is 9 am to 3 pm), days might vary as on saturday/sunday.

Hope this helps
    5frostys wrote:
    I'm seeing a few training solution vendors that also provide the CISSP testing.

Have any of you gone this route?
    Yes, the (ISC)2 affiliate I tested with was also a training provider. I only scheduled to take the exam and not the five or six day bootcamp that preceded it. This provider also lists the date and exact location of all exams many months in advance (it's always at the same hotel). People wouldn't feel confidant in the long-term scheduling of an exam if they didn't.
  • SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    It depends on wher you are taking the exam. Many training centers can easily be determined in advance. If it is at a hotel you won't recieve an e-mail until shortly before the exam as was mentioned. Mine was in a hotel and I just waited for the e-mail to come. I drove 5 hours from Pittsburgh to Cincinatti for mine so I wouldn't worry too much about travel if you are scheduling it locally. By Phoenix, AZ they don't mean Los Angeles, CA in disguise icon_lol.gif.
    Schluep wrote:
    By Phoenix, AZ they don't mean Los Angeles, CA in disguise icon_lol.gif.

U R 1 Funny Guy!!

Thanks 4 the info.

frosty