under estimated the beast!!!!

coax31coax31 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
466.......................probably the lowest score in a while on these boards. Oh well I am not discouraged, going to work on weak areas and retest soon. Honestly I slacked off on studying as hard as I should have, relied more on CBT nuggets and didn't read enough from the MS Press book. Tons of DNS questions and a few ipsec and wsus thrown in, actually ran out of time on question 46. The test center computer had to be re-booted mid test and the computer was very slow progressing from one question to another. I don't look at the score 466!! and think negative, I turn it around positive and think only 234 points to go for a pass.

Comments

• leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    coax31 wrote:
    466.......................probably the lowest score in a while on these boards. Oh well I am not discouraged, going to work on weak areas and retest soon. Honestly I slacked off on studying as hard as I should have, relied more on CBT Nuggets and didn't read enough from the MS Press book. Tons of DNS questions and a few ipsec and wsus thrown in, actually ran out of time on question 46. The test center computer had to be re-booted mid test and the computer was very slow progressing from one question to another. I don't look at the score 466!! and think negative, I turn it around positive and think only 134 points to go for a pass.

might want to work on your math too! 234 points... :)

Good luck, you'll get it next time.
    Dustin Leefers
  • TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Hey, I had to retest on the beast. I think quite a few people have too. This test is a hard test. You have to know your stuff. I used Transcender. My school recommends them. They are quite expensive off the Transcender site, but the schools get them for a discount. Maybe you could get one from a school around you. Good luck.
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • coax31coax31 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks leefdaddy, I corrected it, drinking too many beers tonight to soothe the wounds from the beast!!!!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    coax31 wrote:
    Thanks leefdaddy, I corrected it, drinking too many beers tonight to soothe the wounds from the beast!!!!

Not a good idea! Alcohol thins out your blood and makes it more difficult to clot. Now you know ;)

This one's pretty intense, so you're (obviously) not going to get by on CBTs alone. A fail never feels good, but it's not the end of the world. Review your weak areas, and annihilate it the next time!
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    I'm taking this one on the 20th of June... I haven't done a whole lot of studying lately, I was doing pretty well a while back but haven't had much time.

I plan on cramming pretty hard coming up and seeing if I can swing it...

I've been managing Windows networks professionally for about 8 years now, so that should help.
    Dustin Leefers
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Failing on this one is not unexpected, lots of people do first time round, atleast you know what you slipped up on and next time should be fine!

Just remember:
    Fail to prepare, Prepare to fail!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • coax31coax31 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah,

I do these certs mainly because I think personally for me as a systems administrator with about 15 months experience I want to at least have a MCSA and CCNA, plus I like the challenge. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of old school admins and network engineers with zero certs and kick ass at what they do. So failing to me doesn't feel that bad, I mean we all only list the certs we have passed, I failed CCNA 640-801 twice (talk about a beast!), and CCENT once before passing it. I am sure there are plenty CCIEs and MCSEs who failed several tests before achieving their goals. In reality the only cert that matters is the IANGTFYTBYFTN = I Am Not Going To Fire You Today Because You Fixed The Network cert..
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    coax31 wrote:
    In reality the only cert that matters is the IANGTFYTBYFTN = I Am Not Going To Fire You Today Because You Fixed The Network cert..

You forgot the IANGTFYTBYFTNTIB cert = I Am Not Going To Fire You Today Because You Fixed The Network That I Broke cert icon_lol.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • amidamaruamidamaru Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    coax31 wrote:
    Yeah,

I do these certs mainly because I think personally for me as a systems administrator with about 15 months experience I want to at least have a MCSA and CCNA, plus I like the challenge. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of old school admins and network engineers with zero certs and kick ass at what they do. So failing to me doesn't feel that bad, I mean we all only list the certs we have passed, I failed CCNA 640-801 twice (talk about a beast!), and CCENT once before passing it. I am sure there are plenty CCIEs and MCSEs who failed several tests before achieving their goals. In reality the only cert that matters is the IANGTFYTBYFTN = I Am Not Going To Fire You Today Because You Fixed The Network cert..

Relax...let's take a look over the bright side...the beast has revealed some of it's secrets..tones of DNS questions so next time you will know some of enemy secret weapons :D...